Re: [T TBS R] Undoing lowering??

  • Dennis Henderson
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 18, 2013
      Substituting the links from a Legend is pretty common way to lower a TBS.

      The links from early Tbird are the same as TBS (pre 98 Tbird links)

      The links are pretty easy to make if you can't find them.
      Thank You,
      Denny

      On Sep 18, 2013, at 12:21 PM, petermholmes <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Pretty sure people were just swapping in links from a Legend to lower a TBS.  Denny would know more on the topic, I suspect.

      --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, <triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      My 98 was lowered at some point and I'd like to restore it normal height. I am guessing it is just lowered with different links, does that sound right?  Anyone have the stock dog bones? Thanks

    • nicholas.thibault

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 8, 2013
          From a post I did in 2008 "I know that this solution works because in the past members of this list
          have purchased or made the part and installed it. The Legend TT, IIRC, was
          a combination of Thunderbird/Sport parts with a different rear subframe to
          target riders' needs for a Triumph with a lower seat height at 28.5" vs. the
          TBS 31.1"."

          You might be able to measure the current seat height and know that with the TBS dogbones it will be 31.1 ish.

          Gare'
          sent from third stone from the sun