Re: [T TBS R] Selling my 98 TBS

  • John Cooper
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 17, 2013
      On 9/17/2013 2:08 PM, p_bianco@... wrote:
      > I live in Manhattan and now have wife + 2 kids. I just find myself
      > riding it less and less + carrying costs here are brutal (parking,
      > insurance,maintenance, tickets etc...). I guess I am just trying to
      > justify myself for doing it to her...
      Move to New Jersey... ;)

      --
      John
      Skyport East
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 17, 2013

        Hello,

        I just purchased a 96 Adventurer (almost same bike as the thunderbird). Bike is in excellent condition with 30,000km, I paid $3,700 Canadian. I live in Toronto.

        Decided to sell my beloved 98 TBS after a 13-year long love story. I have not put any listing yet but I checked craigslist, ebay and other sites and prices seem to range between $3,000 and $3,500. Mine is red / black, has 25,500 miles on it and I religiously serviced it every year + cleaned carbs last March. Anybody has an opinion if price range sounds right?

        I live in Manhattan and now have wife + 2 kids. I just find myself riding it less and less + carrying costs here are brutal (parking, insurance,maintenance, tickets etc...). I guess I am just trying to justify myself for doing it to her...

      • Todd Luchette
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 17, 2013
          Sold my 98 a few months back for $3100. 55k and it was very clean.

          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 17, 2013

            Indeed.  And with your spare money, buy a house with a four car garage and get a couple more bikes so your garage won't look so empty. ;)

            --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, <triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            On 9/17/2013 2:08 PM, p_bianco@... wrote:
            > I live in Manhattan and now have wife + 2 kids. I just find myself
            > riding it less and less + carrying costs here are brutal (parking,
            > insurance,maintenance, tickets etc...). I guess I am just trying to
            > justify myself for doing it to her...
            Move to New Jersey... ;)

            --
            John
            Skyport East
            www.skyportservices.net
          • James Tennier
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 18, 2013
              Just sold my '03 with many extras to my lawyer for $4,000.00 It had approx 20,000+ miles, cams, D&Ds, K&Ns, saddle, windscreen etc. Good shape but for slightly out of round rear wheel and it was time for a valve adjustment.  Good Luck with yours!