Re: RE: [T TBS R] rims and tires

  • Christian Teague
    Message 1 of 29 , Jul 27, 2013
      Go to retrocaferacer.com. I just saw an extension for the sport front fender today.

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

    • Geoff Thompson
      Message 2 of 29 , Jul 28, 2013
        There are lots of other after market fender extensions available that will fit and much cheaper than a specific Triumph one. Also it is much better to stick the extension on rather than drilling holes in the fender & using the plastic rivets. Drilling holes will potentially lead to rusting.
        Message 3 of 29 , Jul 29, 2013
          The thing you want to watch out for...is Tread Pattern...you'll notice that
          the Front Tread Pattern of most M/C tires is opposite of direction of the
          Rear Tread Pattern...

          -Rick

          Here's why:

          *
          November 09, 2011

          Hello mambomonster,

          Thank you for your email. We welcome the opportunity to serve you.

          The tread pattern of front and rear motorcycle tires are different because
          the performance function of front and rear tires are not the same. Front
          tires are designed to provide maximum braking grip and the rear tires are
          designed to provide maximum grip under accelerating conditions. In order to
          achieve these performance criteria the tread design of front and rear tires
          will go in opposite directions.

          We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Michelin.

          It is our goal to ensure that your issue has been resolved or your question
          answered to your satisfaction. If we can assist you further, please respond
          to this email or call us at 1-800-642-4354 (toll free) between 8:00AM and
          8:00PM Eastern Time Monday through Friday or between 8:30AM and 4:30PM
          Eastern Time on Saturday.

          Sincerely,

          Ken
          Consumer Care Department
          Certified Michelin Product Expert *

          -Rick Peterson

          On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 9:43 AM, steelman342 <steelman342@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > alright look. i don't want a fat 200/70 tire. i want a tall front tire
          > with a high aspect ratio. Not bobber or chopper. im goin for a certain
          > look. iv put a lot of time and money all over this bike. it handles great.
          > and a 130/90 isn't exactly a batbike tire
          >
          > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Fenner"
          > <rfenner@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Mark,
          > >
          > > With all due respect, Triumph put a lot of money and expertise into
          > building their reputation for superb-handling and -steering bikes. A
          > critical part of that is the type and size of rubber. And I'm 66 and have
          > owned many "cafe racers". I've never seen one with the same size rubber at
          > both ends.
          > >
          > > If you want something like you describe, then perhaps a chopper forum is
          > the right place for advice?
          > >
          > > Just saying....
          > >
          > > Richard.

        • John Cooper
          Message 4 of 29 , Jul 29, 2013
            On 7/29/2013 10:23 AM, Rick Peterson wrote:
            > .you'll notice that
            > the Front Tread Pattern of most M/C tires is opposite of direction of the
            > Rear Tread Pattern...

            Older bikes often use the same size tire on both ends. Tires designed
            for both positions have 2 rotation arrows, one front and one back. Back
            tires accelerate the bike and front tires decelerate the bike, hence, if
            you must mount a rear tire on the front, mount it withe the arrow
            pointing against the normal rotation.
          • antal001
            Message 5 of 29 , Jul 30, 2013
              Hi guys!