RE: [T TBS R] rims and tires

  • Dick Winningstad
    Message 1 of 29 , Jul 27, 2013
      Thanks Peter. The site did not have the extension for a Sport but the site
      is added to my favorites. Meanwhile the search goes on. The standard
      Thunderbird fender will not fit without some adjusting to the mounting
      holes. Something I may end up doing.

      Message 2 of 29 , Jul 27, 2013
        Go to retrocaferacer.com. I just saw an extension for the sport front fender today.

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

      • Geoff Thompson

          Winningstad" <lemans3@...> wrote:

          > Does anyone make a longer front fender for the TBS? Sort of like the non-S
          T Bird.

        • Rick Peterson
          Message 4 of 29 , Jul 29, 2013
            The thing you want to watch out for...is Tread Pattern...you'll notice that
            the Front Tread Pattern of most M/C tires is opposite of direction of the
            Rear Tread Pattern...

            -Rick

            Here's why:

            *
            November 09, 2011

            Hello mambomonster,

            Thank you for your email. We welcome the opportunity to serve you.

            The tread pattern of front and rear motorcycle tires are different because
            the performance function of front and rear tires are not the same. Front
            tires are designed to provide maximum braking grip and the rear tires are
            designed to provide maximum grip under accelerating conditions. In order to
            achieve these performance criteria the tread design of front and rear tires
            will go in opposite directions.

            We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Michelin.

            It is our goal to ensure that your issue has been resolved or your question
            answered to your satisfaction. If we can assist you further, please respond
            to this email or call us at 1-800-642-4354 (toll free) between 8:00AM and
            8:00PM Eastern Time Monday through Friday or between 8:30AM and 4:30PM
            Eastern Time on Saturday.

            Sincerely,

            Ken
            Consumer Care Department
            Certified Michelin Product Expert *

            -Rick Peterson

            On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 9:43 AM, steelman342 <steelman342@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > alright look. i don't want a fat 200/70 tire. i want a tall front tire
            > with a high aspect ratio. Not bobber or chopper. im goin for a certain
            > look. iv put a lot of time and money all over this bike. it handles great.
            > and a 130/90 isn't exactly a batbike tire
            >
            > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Fenner"
            > <rfenner@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Mark,
            > >
            > > With all due respect, Triumph put a lot of money and expertise into
            > building their reputation for superb-handling and -steering bikes. A
            > critical part of that is the type and size of rubber. And I'm 66 and have
            > owned many "cafe racers". I've never seen one with the same size rubber at
            > both ends.
            > >
            > > If you want something like you describe, then perhaps a chopper forum is
            > the right place for advice?
            > >
            > > Just saying....
            > >
            > > Richard.

          • John Cooper
            Message 5 of 29 , Jul 29, 2013
              On 7/29/2013 10:23 AM, Rick Peterson wrote:
              > .you'll notice that
              > the Front Tread Pattern of most M/C tires is opposite of direction of the
              > Rear Tread Pattern...

              Older bikes often use the same size tire on both ends. Tires designed
              for both positions have 2 rotation arrows, one front and one back. Back
              tires accelerate the bike and front tires decelerate the bike, hence, if
              you must mount a rear tire on the front, mount it withe the arrow
              pointing against the normal rotation.
            • antal001
              Message 6 of 29 , Jul 30, 2013
                Hi guys!