Re: [T TBS R] Fuel additive.

  • James Tennier
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 16, 2013
      Hate to bring it up guys but it is all in the (ethanol) in our gas. Thank the farm lobby, if they regain their prominence with our bankin congress ever again. The gas these past few years has the same affect on needles and seats as it dries up, as a triple cheese from ronnie d's do on our arteries! Solution's?  I am going to go with the Marine grade StaBil this next time. My carbs have been off often enough to have thrown away the Cal. canister years ago and gone with K&Ns so removal is not a big deal. (Never should have been Triumph!) That said, I ride the 08 Sprint as it is far more enjoyable than the 03 TBS so cleaning the carbs is at the bottom of my list.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 16, 2013
        I have stored my T-Bird over the winter preferring to ride my Sprint in the
        wet stuff. I fill the tank up as high as I can to reduce surface area
        exposed to air. Then on the way home I turn off the gas to drain the float
        bowls (about a mile or so of riding). When I get home I run the engine until
        it quits from fuel starvation rocking the bike from side to side to get all
        the fuel out. I then park the bike with a trickle charger on it. In the
        spring I can fill the float bowls and start the engine. This has worked for
        me.

        From: triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com
        <mailto:triumphthunderbirdsportriders%40yahoogroups.com>