Re: [T TBS R] Fuel additive.

  • B JOba
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 15 7:12 PM
      Try Sea Foam. Available at Auto Zone or just about any auto parts store.

      Bruce

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 16 2:19 AM
        I've used Lucas Fuel Treatment and Chevron Techron to clear and preserve
        fuel delivery. Over time, with continued road miles it cleared up ruff
        running. On my TBS I eventually had to dissemble and clean out the carbs.
        The addition of a better filter might have prevented that maintenance. On
        my Fi engines I've yet to get clogged injectors over the years.

        On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 9:45 PM, Matthew Robinson
        <Noisecollusion@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hello,
        >
        > Has anyone had luck with fuel additives? My bike has sat for a few
        > months and seems gummy any thoughts aside from rebuilding the carb.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Matt
        > 99'
        >
        > Sent from my iPhone

      • John Shaw
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 16 5:28 AM
          I have had no trouble, but on any engine that is not used daily I always put
          in fuel stabilizer (I also put in carb cleaner a couple of times a season,
          but better to stop it upfront than try to clean it later methinks)
          STP or Canadian Tire brand is what I have been using for years now, as far
          as I can tell they all have the same stuff in them,

          <Noisecollusion@...>wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Hello,
          >
          > Has anyone had luck with fuel additives? My bike has sat for a few
          > months and seems gummy any thoughts aside from rebuilding the carb.
          >
          > Thanks
          > Matt
          > 99'
          >
          > Sent from my iPhone

        • James Tennier
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 16 10:11 AM
            Hate to bring it up guys but it is all in the (ethanol) in our gas. Thank the farm lobby, if they regain their prominence with our bankin congress ever again. The gas these past few years has the same affect on needles and seats as it dries up, as a triple cheese from ronnie d's do on our arteries! Solution's?  I am going to go with the Marine grade StaBil this next time. My carbs have been off often enough to have thrown away the Cal. canister years ago and gone with K&Ns so removal is not a big deal. (Never should have been Triumph!) That said, I ride the 08 Sprint as it is far more enjoyable than the 03 TBS so cleaning the carbs is at the bottom of my list.

            ________________________________

            <Noisecollusion@...>wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Hello,
            >
            > Has anyone had luck with fuel additives? My bike has sat for a few
            > months and seems gummy any thoughts aside from rebuilding the carb.
            >
            > Thanks
            > Matt
            > 99'
            >
            > Sent from my iPhone

          • Dick Winningstad
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 16 9:51 PM
              I have stored my T-Bird over the winter preferring to ride my Sprint in the
              wet stuff. I fill the tank up as high as I can to reduce surface area
              exposed to air. Then on the way home I turn off the gas to drain the float
              bowls (about a mile or so of riding). When I get home I run the engine until
              it quits from fuel starvation rocking the bike from side to side to get all
              the fuel out. I then park the bike with a trickle charger on it. In the
              spring I can fill the float bowls and start the engine. This has worked for
              me.

              <mailto:triumphthunderbirdsportriders%40yahoogroups.com>