Re: 1998 TBS for sale with 18200 miles on it

  • oradbaforpsoft
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 7, 2013
      Or..

      Here are all the details:

      Red/Black - mostly stock - about 18,200 miles. Asking $4000, plus several other extras available at the same time for additional (and negotiable) cost.
      Location Dallas/Fort Worth area - Texas.
      Current license tags etc. Clear Texas Title.
      Condition is not immaculate - some minor scratches and so on, but fully functional.

      History:
      This is my son' s bike. We bought the bike via triumphrat.net a year ago and have only done 600 miles since. I occasionally take it out for a 15 minute ride, but we have probably only run 2 or 3 tanks of gas through it. He is away at college and wants to sell it to buy a car - trades are a possibility.

      Recent service history includes:
      Serviced front forks/seals/dust covers
      Chain & Rubbing strip
      Oil/Filter Mobil1 4T 10W40
      Rear brake pads EBC FA196
      Brake fluid flush front/back/hydraulic clutch. - Nipples replaced with speed bleeders.
      3 Nology coils
      3 Spark Plugs
      Air filter
      RHS Crank cover gasket
      New set Ignition cables
      pulse coil

      Bike comes with:
      Attached highway pegs - I think they are "Ma's" brand - not sure.
      Stock seat - pictures show solo seat.

      These items are available as part of the sale (as a package deal, with some price flexibility) or afterwards ONLY if motorcycle buyer does not want them:

      Triumph Solo seat w/ matching red cowl A9708011-CM - shown fitted in the pictures - $250
      Triumph King/Queen Seat A9701100 - $300
      Triumph Sissy bar/backrest/luggage rack - Polished steel A9950050- $250
      The above 3 items are pretty rare to find.
      Triumph handlebars (not sure if stock, but higher than stock TBS bars) - from Thunderbird 900, plus non-Triumph cruiser bars - $50 for both
      Touring windshield - $40
      Adjustable shorty mirrors - fits on standard mirror base, very solid - $30
      Spare unused Speedo cable (Bikemaster) - $10
      Spare Left Rear Turn signal+mounting plate (T2070714) off 1995 Tbird 900 - works, but some pitting/corrosion. - $25
      Haynes service manual - $25
      Prices do NOT include shipping
    • oradbaforpsoft
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 9, 2013
        Fat fingered the price for the seat:
        Triumph Solo seat w/ matching red cowl A9708011-CM - shown fitted in the
        pictures - $300

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 19, 2013
          No interest?
        • oradbaforpsoft
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 23 1:22 PM
            Bike is sold and on it's way to Sioux Falls with a happy new owner.
            Still selling the 97 Thunderbird 900 Left Rear Turn signal/plate.