Re: 1998 TBS for sale with 18200 miles on it

  • oradbaforpsoft
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 7, 2013
      Here is the link to the ad on Triumphrat.net:

      http://www.triumphrat.net/triumph-motorcycles-for-sale-wanted-usa-canada/253514-\
      1998-tbs-18200-miles-4000-a.html

      I also added an album on this site "98 TBS for sale in Texas"

      --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "oradbaforpsoft" <oradbaforpsoft@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I made a mistake on the price - will have updated info here, and a link to triumphrat.net as well over the weekend.
      > Also updated mileage - Bought it 1 year ago with 17463, Changed fluids at 17995 - Oil, Filter, brake fluids, speed bleeders. Currently just under 18200. Lots of extras - King/Queen Seat, Solo seat/cowl, Sissy bar/luggage rack, touring handlebars (Thunderbird 900), touring windshield, Haynes manual.
      >
      > Happy Fourth
      >
      > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "oradbaforpsoft" <oradbaforpsoft@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Red/Black
      > > Dallas Texas area.
      > > Asking $3500

    • oradbaforpsoft
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 7, 2013
        Or..

        Here are all the details:

        Red/Black - mostly stock - about 18,200 miles. Asking $4000, plus several other extras available at the same time for additional (and negotiable) cost.
        Location Dallas/Fort Worth area - Texas.
        Current license tags etc. Clear Texas Title.
        Condition is not immaculate - some minor scratches and so on, but fully functional.

        History:
        This is my son' s bike. We bought the bike via triumphrat.net a year ago and have only done 600 miles since. I occasionally take it out for a 15 minute ride, but we have probably only run 2 or 3 tanks of gas through it. He is away at college and wants to sell it to buy a car - trades are a possibility.

        Recent service history includes:
        Serviced front forks/seals/dust covers
        Chain & Rubbing strip
        Oil/Filter Mobil1 4T 10W40
        Rear brake pads EBC FA196
        Brake fluid flush front/back/hydraulic clutch. - Nipples replaced with speed bleeders.
        3 Nology coils
        3 Spark Plugs
        Air filter
        RHS Crank cover gasket
        New set Ignition cables
        pulse coil

        Bike comes with:
        Attached highway pegs - I think they are "Ma's" brand - not sure.
        Stock seat - pictures show solo seat.

        These items are available as part of the sale (as a package deal, with some price flexibility) or afterwards ONLY if motorcycle buyer does not want them:

        Triumph Solo seat w/ matching red cowl A9708011-CM - shown fitted in the pictures - $250
        Triumph King/Queen Seat A9701100 - $300
        Triumph Sissy bar/backrest/luggage rack - Polished steel A9950050- $250
        The above 3 items are pretty rare to find.
        Triumph handlebars (not sure if stock, but higher than stock TBS bars) - from Thunderbird 900, plus non-Triumph cruiser bars - $50 for both
        Touring windshield - $40
        Adjustable shorty mirrors - fits on standard mirror base, very solid - $30
        Spare unused Speedo cable (Bikemaster) - $10
        Spare Left Rear Turn signal+mounting plate (T2070714) off 1995 Tbird 900 - works, but some pitting/corrosion. - $25
        Haynes service manual - $25
        Prices do NOT include shipping
      • oradbaforpsoft
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 9, 2013
          Fat fingered the price for the seat:
          Triumph Solo seat w/ matching red cowl A9708011-CM - shown fitted in the
          pictures - $300

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 19, 2013
            No interest?
          • oradbaforpsoft
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 23, 2013
              Bike is sold and on it's way to Sioux Falls with a happy new owner.
              Still selling the 97 Thunderbird 900 Left Rear Turn signal/plate.