Re: 1998 TBS for sale with 18200 miles on it

  • oradbaforpsoft
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 7 9:55 AM
    • oradbaforpsoft
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 7 10:13 AM
        Here is the link to the ad on Triumphrat.net:

        http://www.triumphrat.net/triumph-motorcycles-for-sale-wanted-usa-canada/253514-\
        1998-tbs-18200-miles-4000-a.html

        I also added an album on this site "98 TBS for sale in Texas"

        --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "oradbaforpsoft" <oradbaforpsoft@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I made a mistake on the price - will have updated info here, and a link to triumphrat.net as well over the weekend.
        > Also updated mileage - Bought it 1 year ago with 17463, Changed fluids at 17995 - Oil, Filter, brake fluids, speed bleeders. Currently just under 18200. Lots of extras - King/Queen Seat, Solo seat/cowl, Sissy bar/luggage rack, touring handlebars (Thunderbird 900), touring windshield, Haynes manual.
        >
        > Happy Fourth
        >
        > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "oradbaforpsoft" <oradbaforpsoft@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Red/Black
        > > Dallas Texas area.
        > > Asking $3500

      • oradbaforpsoft
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 7 10:34 AM
          Or..

          Here are all the details:

          Red/Black - mostly stock - about 18,200 miles. Asking $4000, plus several other extras available at the same time for additional (and negotiable) cost.
          Location Dallas/Fort Worth area - Texas.
          Current license tags etc. Clear Texas Title.
          Condition is not immaculate - some minor scratches and so on, but fully functional.

          History:
          This is my son' s bike. We bought the bike via triumphrat.net a year ago and have only done 600 miles since. I occasionally take it out for a 15 minute ride, but we have probably only run 2 or 3 tanks of gas through it. He is away at college and wants to sell it to buy a car - trades are a possibility.

          Recent service history includes:
          Serviced front forks/seals/dust covers
          Chain & Rubbing strip
          Oil/Filter Mobil1 4T 10W40
          Rear brake pads EBC FA196
          Brake fluid flush front/back/hydraulic clutch. - Nipples replaced with speed bleeders.
          3 Nology coils
          3 Spark Plugs
          Air filter
          RHS Crank cover gasket
          New set Ignition cables
          pulse coil

          Bike comes with:
          Attached highway pegs - I think they are "Ma's" brand - not sure.
          Stock seat - pictures show solo seat.

          These items are available as part of the sale (as a package deal, with some price flexibility) or afterwards ONLY if motorcycle buyer does not want them:

          Triumph Solo seat w/ matching red cowl A9708011-CM - shown fitted in the pictures - $250
          Triumph King/Queen Seat A9701100 - $300
          Triumph Sissy bar/backrest/luggage rack - Polished steel A9950050- $250
          The above 3 items are pretty rare to find.
          Triumph handlebars (not sure if stock, but higher than stock TBS bars) - from Thunderbird 900, plus non-Triumph cruiser bars - $50 for both
          Touring windshield - $40
          Adjustable shorty mirrors - fits on standard mirror base, very solid - $30
          Spare unused Speedo cable (Bikemaster) - $10
          Spare Left Rear Turn signal+mounting plate (T2070714) off 1995 Tbird 900 - works, but some pitting/corrosion. - $25
          Haynes service manual - $25
          Prices do NOT include shipping
        • oradbaforpsoft
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 9 8:42 AM
            Fat fingered the price for the seat:
            Triumph Solo seat w/ matching red cowl A9708011-CM - shown fitted in the
            pictures - $300

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 19 7:43 AM
              No interest?
            • oradbaforpsoft
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 23, 2013
                Bike is sold and on it's way to Sioux Falls with a happy new owner.
                Still selling the 97 Thunderbird 900 Left Rear Turn signal/plate.