Re: 1998 TBS for sale with 18200 miles on it

  • oradbaforpsoft
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 4 3:30 PM
      Hi,

      I made a mistake on the price - will have updated info here, and a link to triumphrat.net as well over the weekend.
      Also updated mileage - Bought it 1 year ago with 17463, Changed fluids at 17995 - Oil, Filter, brake fluids, speed bleeders. Currently just under 18200. Lots of extras - King/Queen Seat, Solo seat/cowl, Sissy bar/luggage rack, touring handlebars (Thunderbird 900), touring windshield, Haynes manual.

      Happy Fourth

      --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "oradbaforpsoft" <oradbaforpsoft@...> wrote:

      > Red/Black
      > Dallas Texas area.
      > Asking $3500

    • oradbaforpsoft
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 7 9:55 AM
      • oradbaforpsoft
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 7 10:13 AM
          Here is the link to the ad on Triumphrat.net:

          http://www.triumphrat.net/triumph-motorcycles-for-sale-wanted-usa-canada/253514-\
          1998-tbs-18200-miles-4000-a.html

          I also added an album on this site "98 TBS for sale in Texas"

          --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "oradbaforpsoft" <oradbaforpsoft@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > I made a mistake on the price - will have updated info here, and a link to triumphrat.net as well over the weekend.
          > Also updated mileage - Bought it 1 year ago with 17463, Changed fluids at 17995 - Oil, Filter, brake fluids, speed bleeders. Currently just under 18200. Lots of extras - King/Queen Seat, Solo seat/cowl, Sissy bar/luggage rack, touring handlebars (Thunderbird 900), touring windshield, Haynes manual.
          >
          > Happy Fourth
          >
          > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "oradbaforpsoft" <oradbaforpsoft@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Red/Black
          > > Dallas Texas area.
          > > Asking $3500

        • oradbaforpsoft
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 7 10:34 AM
            Or..

            Here are all the details:

            Red/Black - mostly stock - about 18,200 miles. Asking $4000, plus several other extras available at the same time for additional (and negotiable) cost.
            Location Dallas/Fort Worth area - Texas.
            Current license tags etc. Clear Texas Title.
            Condition is not immaculate - some minor scratches and so on, but fully functional.

            History:
            This is my son' s bike. We bought the bike via triumphrat.net a year ago and have only done 600 miles since. I occasionally take it out for a 15 minute ride, but we have probably only run 2 or 3 tanks of gas through it. He is away at college and wants to sell it to buy a car - trades are a possibility.

            Recent service history includes:
            Serviced front forks/seals/dust covers
            Chain & Rubbing strip
            Oil/Filter Mobil1 4T 10W40
            Rear brake pads EBC FA196
            Brake fluid flush front/back/hydraulic clutch. - Nipples replaced with speed bleeders.
            3 Nology coils
            3 Spark Plugs
            Air filter
            RHS Crank cover gasket
            New set Ignition cables
            pulse coil

            Bike comes with:
            Attached highway pegs - I think they are "Ma's" brand - not sure.
            Stock seat - pictures show solo seat.

            These items are available as part of the sale (as a package deal, with some price flexibility) or afterwards ONLY if motorcycle buyer does not want them:

            Triumph Solo seat w/ matching red cowl A9708011-CM - shown fitted in the pictures - $250
            Triumph King/Queen Seat A9701100 - $300
            Triumph Sissy bar/backrest/luggage rack - Polished steel A9950050- $250
            The above 3 items are pretty rare to find.
            Triumph handlebars (not sure if stock, but higher than stock TBS bars) - from Thunderbird 900, plus non-Triumph cruiser bars - $50 for both
            Touring windshield - $40
            Adjustable shorty mirrors - fits on standard mirror base, very solid - $30
            Spare unused Speedo cable (Bikemaster) - $10
            Spare Left Rear Turn signal+mounting plate (T2070714) off 1995 Tbird 900 - works, but some pitting/corrosion. - $25
            Haynes service manual - $25
            Prices do NOT include shipping
          • oradbaforpsoft
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 9 8:42 AM
              Fat fingered the price for the seat:
              Triumph Solo seat w/ matching red cowl A9708011-CM - shown fitted in the
              pictures - $300

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 19 7:43 AM
                No interest?
              • oradbaforpsoft
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 23, 2013
                  Bike is sold and on it's way to Sioux Falls with a happy new owner.
                  Still selling the 97 Thunderbird 900 Left Rear Turn signal/plate.