1998 TBS for sale with 17000+ miles on it

  • oradbaforpsoft
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 27, 2013
      Red/Black
      Dallas Texas area.
      Asking $3500
    • Muttleyone
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 30, 2013
        Interested, email sent.

        --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "oradbaforpsoft" <oradbaforpsoft@...> wrote:

        > Red/Black
        > Dallas Texas area.
        > Asking $3500

      • B JOba
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 30, 2013
          2004 TBS black/yellow w/8300 miles
          Yellow flyscreen
          Corbin Gunfighter seat (includes stock seat)
          Nouvalari Engineering stainless reverse-cone slip-ons (incl stock)
          Recent set of Avon Storm 2 Ultra tires w/4000 miles
          Suspension set up by Cogent Dynamics
          CRG Lanes-split bar-end mirrors
          Napoleon black par-end mirrors (incl stock)
          $6000 firm
          Hendersonville, NC

        • oradbaforpsoft
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 4, 2013
            Hi,

            I made a mistake on the price - will have updated info here, and a link to triumphrat.net as well over the weekend.
            Also updated mileage - Bought it 1 year ago with 17463, Changed fluids at 17995 - Oil, Filter, brake fluids, speed bleeders. Currently just under 18200. Lots of extras - King/Queen Seat, Solo seat/cowl, Sissy bar/luggage rack, touring handlebars (Thunderbird 900), touring windshield, Haynes manual.

            Happy Fourth

            --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "oradbaforpsoft" <oradbaforpsoft@...> wrote:

            > Red/Black
            > Dallas Texas area.
            > Asking $3500

          • oradbaforpsoft
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 7, 2013
            • oradbaforpsoft
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 7, 2013
                Here is the link to the ad on Triumphrat.net:

                http://www.triumphrat.net/triumph-motorcycles-for-sale-wanted-usa-canada/253514-\
                1998-tbs-18200-miles-4000-a.html

                I also added an album on this site "98 TBS for sale in Texas"

                --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "oradbaforpsoft" <oradbaforpsoft@...> wrote:

                > Hi,
                >
                > I made a mistake on the price - will have updated info here, and a link to triumphrat.net as well over the weekend.
                > Also updated mileage - Bought it 1 year ago with 17463, Changed fluids at 17995 - Oil, Filter, brake fluids, speed bleeders. Currently just under 18200. Lots of extras - King/Queen Seat, Solo seat/cowl, Sissy bar/luggage rack, touring handlebars (Thunderbird 900), touring windshield, Haynes manual.
                >
                > Happy Fourth
                >
                > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "oradbaforpsoft" <oradbaforpsoft@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Red/Black
                > > Dallas Texas area.
                > > Asking $3500

              • oradbaforpsoft
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 7, 2013
                  Or..

                  Here are all the details:

                  Red/Black - mostly stock - about 18,200 miles. Asking $4000, plus several other extras available at the same time for additional (and negotiable) cost.
                  Location Dallas/Fort Worth area - Texas.
                  Current license tags etc. Clear Texas Title.
                  Condition is not immaculate - some minor scratches and so on, but fully functional.

                  History:
                  This is my son' s bike. We bought the bike via triumphrat.net a year ago and have only done 600 miles since. I occasionally take it out for a 15 minute ride, but we have probably only run 2 or 3 tanks of gas through it. He is away at college and wants to sell it to buy a car - trades are a possibility.

                  Recent service history includes:
                  Serviced front forks/seals/dust covers
                  Chain & Rubbing strip
                  Oil/Filter Mobil1 4T 10W40
                  Rear brake pads EBC FA196
                  Brake fluid flush front/back/hydraulic clutch. - Nipples replaced with speed bleeders.
                  3 Nology coils
                  3 Spark Plugs
                  Air filter
                  RHS Crank cover gasket
                  New set Ignition cables
                  pulse coil

                  Bike comes with:
                  Attached highway pegs - I think they are "Ma's" brand - not sure.
                  Stock seat - pictures show solo seat.

                  These items are available as part of the sale (as a package deal, with some price flexibility) or afterwards ONLY if motorcycle buyer does not want them:

                  Triumph Solo seat w/ matching red cowl A9708011-CM - shown fitted in the pictures - $250
                  Triumph King/Queen Seat A9701100 - $300
                  Triumph Sissy bar/backrest/luggage rack - Polished steel A9950050- $250
                  The above 3 items are pretty rare to find.
                  Triumph handlebars (not sure if stock, but higher than stock TBS bars) - from Thunderbird 900, plus non-Triumph cruiser bars - $50 for both
                  Touring windshield - $40
                  Adjustable shorty mirrors - fits on standard mirror base, very solid - $30
                  Spare unused Speedo cable (Bikemaster) - $10
                  Spare Left Rear Turn signal+mounting plate (T2070714) off 1995 Tbird 900 - works, but some pitting/corrosion. - $25
                  Haynes service manual - $25
                  Prices do NOT include shipping
                • oradbaforpsoft
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 9, 2013
                    Fat fingered the price for the seat:
                    Triumph Solo seat w/ matching red cowl A9708011-CM - shown fitted in the
                    pictures - $300

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 19, 2013
                      No interest?
                    • oradbaforpsoft
                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 23 1:22 PM
                        Bike is sold and on it's way to Sioux Falls with a happy new owner.
                        Still selling the 97 Thunderbird 900 Left Rear Turn signal/plate.