RE: [T TBS R] tires - current thinking?

  • jim mcgrath
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 16, 2013
      running mich 3's on both my TBS's and my FZ1. Hard center lasts, sticky sidewalls, and excellent rain traction. (so I've heard. It never rains in SOCAL)

      To: triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com
      From: no_reply@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 04:23:46 +0000
      Subject: Re: [T TBS R] tires - current thinking?

      +1 on the Avon Storm 2 Ultras. Nice tire, great in the rain. Another guy whose opinion I respect likes Michelin Pilot Road 3.

    • KEITH REGELIN
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 16, 2013
        I second the motion on the Avon Storm II Ultras, great tires, and in the correct rear size! Keith 1998 TBS 64K and rising

        To: triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com
        From: no_reply@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 04:23:46 +0000

        +1 on the Avon Storm 2 Ultras. Nice tire, great in the rain. Another guy whose opinion I respect likes Michelin Pilot Road 3.

      • antal001
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 21, 2013
          Hello to all!

          What about Dunlop Roadsmart 2? I just got them on my TBS, are very sticky on dry road, OK on wet, but I don't how long they will lastÂ…

          (hem, they are not really cheap.. ;-( )

          Kind regards.

          Alan from France

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 21, 2013
            Those are radials (good), what size did you use on the rear?

            Cheers,
            Denny

            On Fri, 21 Jun 2013 10:40:13 +0000, antal001 digitized the
            following:

            > Hello to all!
            >

            > What about Dunlop Roadsmart 2? I just got them on my TBS, are
            > very sticky on dry road, OK on wet, but I don't how long they
            > will last
            >

            > (hem, they are not really cheap.. ;-( )
            >
            > Kind regards.
            >

            > Alan from France
          • geoffwaite
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 8, 2013
              Hi - Which Contis - the Motion, by any chance?

              Over on TriunmphRat, they're starting to get a minor following - and they're way cheaper than the other options.

              Any strong experiences / views for or against the Motions?

              Geoff