Re: [T TBS R] 98 TBS for sale

  • SFPoppa4u
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 23, 2013
      Dude, I am soo tempted by your TBS. However, it would be hard to justify having two. Correction. It would be easy to justify having two, just not rational. And one so close as I am in SF.

      +1 for Triumphrat.net. and ADRider.com

      Cheers,
      LabRat

      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 25, 2013
        > It would be easy to justify having two, just not rational.

        Nonsense! My '00 TBS was and is for relaxed riding days, my '99 TBS with D&D 3 into 3 (since replaced with an '09 Street Triple R) was for hooligan days.

        See? Wasn't that easy? ;)
      • SFPoppa4u
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
          Sure, that was easy. Note that you have since moved on to a Street Triple R. I am inclined likewise.
          Cheers

          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
            I have no intention of getting rid of the '00 TBS. It's far too nice an all purpose street bike.

            I've been tinkering with the suspension settings on the ST3R quite a bit, trying to get that nice mixture of ride and handling that the TBS does so effortlessly. I'm getting closer, but I doubt that they'll ever be on par with each other. The Street is, by nature, a very hyperactive bike.

            > Note that you have since moved on to a Street Triple R.
            > I am inclined likewise.
          • Todd Luchette
            Message 5 of 17 , May 3, 2013
              Cleaning out some leftover parts from my tbs that sold last week. I've got some knee and tank pads on eBay right now and will be listing a stock seat in excellent condition, my original stock silencers and some other misc parts.

              Cheers,

              Todd

              98 tbs no more
              On Apr 27, 2013, at 9:24 PM, Todd A Luchette <luchette@...> wrote:

              > Keep an eye out for it, it's up there now.
              >

              > On Apr 23, 2013, at 8:02 AM, SFPoppa4u wrote:
              >
              >> Dude, I am soo tempted by your TBS. However, it would be hard to justify having two. Correction. It would be easy to justify having two, just not rational. And one so close as I am in SF.
              >>
              >> +1 for Triumphrat.net. and ADRider.com
              >>
              >> Cheers,
              >> LabRat
              >>
              >> --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, Denny <dennyhenderson@...> wrote:
              >> >
              >> > I think someone will get a Bargain.
              >> >
              >> > Are you a member at Triumphrat.net?
              >> >
              >> > That would be a good place to list it.
              >> >
              >> > Also advrider.com
              >> >

              >> > Cheers,
              >> > Denny
              >> >
              >> > On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 16:29:27 -0700, Todd Luchette digitized the
              >> > following:

            • rickkemp_aspen
              Message 6 of 17 , May 4, 2013
                Looking for a set of stick silencers for a 99 TBS. Any out there? Rickkemp@...

                Sent from my iPhone

                On May 4, 2013, at 12:20 AM, Todd Luchette <luchette@...> wrote:

                > Cleaning out some leftover parts from my tbs that sold last week. I've got some knee and tank pads on eBay right now and will be listing a stock seat in excellent condition, my original stock silencers and some other misc parts.
                >
                > Cheers,
                >
                > Todd
                >

                > 98 tbs no more
                > On Apr 27, 2013, at 9:24 PM, Todd A Luchette <luchette@...> wrote:
                >
                >> Keep an eye out for it, it's up there now.
                >>

                >> On Apr 23, 2013, at 8:02 AM, SFPoppa4u wrote:
                >>
                >>> Dude, I am soo tempted by your TBS. However, it would be hard to justify having two. Correction. It would be easy to justify having two, just not rational. And one so close as I am in SF.
                >>>
                >>> +1 for Triumphrat.net. and ADRider.com
                >>>
                >>> Cheers,
                >>> LabRat

              • yamaya
                Message 7 of 17 , May 4, 2013
                  Hi Todd,

                  I would be interested by your parts, especially Silencers & seat, not yet
                  available on eBay?

                  Thanks.

                  Alan

                  Message 8 of 17 , May 4, 2013
                    I'll try to get those posted today. I've got to figure out the shipping thing.

                    Sent from my iPhone

                  • Todd Luchette
                    Message 9 of 17 , May 4, 2013
                      The parts are up. Seller name is tluchette.

                      Thanks,

                      Todd