Re: possibly running lean, as a bit of "choke" clears it up.

  • James Tennier
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2013
      Is this a "new" condition to you/ and bike?
      Has work been done recently?
      Anyone touch the carbs?

      If it truly is running lean, needles can be "raised" or washers moved down the
      needles a grove at a time... Or, jets and air bleed jets changed out. Very labor
      intensive time consuming project. We are talking about removing the airbox,
      throttle cable and carbs and pulling them apart if you are up to all that, good
      luck. It is a job for sure.
      I went from (stock) 98s in my '03 to 128 mains but installed Speed Triple cams
      and K&Ns and D&D sans "packing"
      Gunnybagger runs great and has since, the work was done 9 years ago. 20,000+
      miles but she has sat since I bought an '08 Sprint in May 2010. This bike needs
      "nothing." The "goldilocks bike."