Value of 2004 Thinderbird Sport

  • John Sloan
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 20, 2013
      I crashed my excellent condition 2004 Thunderbird Sport with almost 28,000 miles on it. I suffered much worse damage than the bike, but while I am alive and walking, the insurance company wants to total the bike. The bike has superficial easily reparable damage except for the triumph windscreen which is no longer available, but the insurance company is totaling it. I have not kept up with prices and know that blue book values tend to be too low for good condition older bikes. What do some of you think the real market value is for a very nice black with yellow 2004 Thunderbird Sport, almost perfect except for a few minute scratches around the gas filler cap and about 27,500 miles on the odometer.

      Also, what would a cheap salvage value be to buy it back from the insurance company. With the headlight, handlebars, and the shifter's connecting rod replaced it would be roadworthy. I could tolerate the very small dents on the front fender and gas tank (gas tank dimpled by my left knee), the minor scrapes on the engine crank cover, more severe scrapes on the left muffler and a barely visible, tiny tear at the base of the king and queen seat.  I would not be at all embarrassed to ride it like that, though it would no longer be a pride and joy ride.

      Thanks

    • James Tennier
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 20, 2013
        Offer them the deductible! You have right of first refusal... Be more careful in
        the future?

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 20, 2013
          Really offer them the deductible and use your "mending time", mending the bike
          with the money you saved...