'99 TBird Sport exhaust

  • Woody Sutherland
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 22, 2012
      I have a '99 TBS with the dual exhaust on the right side. I'm thinking
      of changing to a lower exhaust on both sides, as on the later models.
      I'm wondering just how different the triple engine has been through the
      years. If I find a used system from front to back, will the triple
      exhaust pipes bolt right up to the engine? I think I could work out the
      other mounting spots for the pipes and mufflers.

      In other words, how much different in the exhaust ports of the 885 and
      995 (and possibly 1050) engines?

      Happy Holidays,
      Woody Sutherland
      San Diego
    • sidney white
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 22, 2012
        you are asking for a lot of work, shifter,brake, footpegs should be
        considered

        --
        Sidney

        Who is John Galt?

      • Martin
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 23, 2012
          I have the 2004 TBS with a right and left muffler. With this setup, there is
          a crossover pipe that prevents the mounting of a centerstand. I can live
          with that, but I hate the Flash Gordon upswept mufflers. What is the purpose
          of that except for being a current fad that makes it difficult to mount bags
          on the rear? I also now have a scar on my leg where I made contact with one
          of the things just walking past on a hot August day. The mufflers are also
          ugly, in my opinion when compared to the regular T-Bird. I would love to
          mount a set of the regular T-Bird mufflers that run parallel to the ground,
          but it would take a bunch of custom header pipe work.

          Messages

          1a

          ylc=X3oDMTJyYXQ2Y2o2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2
          MjU5BG1zZ0lkAzE0NTE4BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2bXNnBHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTc-> '99
          TBird Sport exhaust

          Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:59 am (PST) . Posted by:

          <mailto:motowoodys@...?subject=Re%3A%20%2799%20TBird%20Sport%20exhaust
          > "Woody Sutherland" wosutherland

          I have a '99 TBS with the dual exhaust on the right side. I'm thinking
          of changing to a lower exhaust on both sides, as on the later models.
          I'm wondering just how different the triple engine has been through the
          years. If I find a used system from front to back, will the triple
          exhaust pipes bolt right up to the engine? I think I could work out the
          other mounting spots for the pipes and mufflers.

          In other words, how much different in the exhaust ports of the 885 and
          995 (and possibly 1050) engines?

          Happy Holidays,
          Woody Sutherland
          San Diego

          <mailto:motowoodys@...?subject=Re%3A%20%2799%20TBird%20Sport%20exhaust
          > Reply to sender .
          <mailto:triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20%2799%
          20TBird%20Sport%20exhaust> Reply to group .
          TJyNjZqbml0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5BG1zZ
          0lkAzE0NTE4BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawNycGx5BHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTc-?act=reply&messag
          eNum=14518> Reply via Web Post .
          ylc=X3oDMTM3czBsb2l2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2
          MjU5BG1zZ0lkAzE0NTE4BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTcEdHBjSWQD
          MTQ0NTg-> All Messages (20) . Top ^

          1b

          ylc=X3oDMTJyYmM4YnNqBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2
          MjU5BG1zZ0lkAzE0NTE5BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2bXNnBHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTc-> Re:
          '99 TBird Sport exhaust

          Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:17 am (PST) . Posted by:

          <mailto:aswbocchi@...?subject=Re%3A%20%2799%20TBird%20Sport%20exhaust>
          "sidney white" sidney.white51

          --
          Sidney

          Who is John Galt?

          <mailto:aswbocchi@...?subject=Re%3A%20%2799%20TBird%20Sport%20exhaust>
          Reply to sender .
          <mailto:triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20%2799%
          20TBird%20Sport%20exhaust> Reply to group .
          TJycjVjNnQxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5BG1zZ
          0lkAzE0NTE5BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawNycGx5BHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTc-?act=reply&messag
          eNum=14519> Reply via Web Post .
          ylc=X3oDMTM3Z2pxMDI0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2
          MjU5BG1zZ0lkAzE0NTE5BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTcEdHBjSWQD
          MTQ0NTg-> All Messages (20) . Top ^

          5tbTI1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5BHNlYwN2dG
          wEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTM1NjI3MTU1Nw--> Visit Your Group

          5tbTI1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5BHNlYwN2dG
          wEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTM1NjI3MTU1Nw--> >

          3oDMTJmYzc4Z21kBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5B
          HNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawNhdHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTc-?xm=1&m=p&tidx=1> View All
          Topics

          3oDMTJmYzc4Z21kBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5B
          HNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawNhdHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTc-?xm=1&m=p&tidx=1> >

          TJmZWNraHVuBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5BHNlY
          wNkbXNnBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTc-> Create New Topic

          TJmZWNraHVuBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5BHNlY
          wNkbXNnBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTc-> >

          <mailto:ygroupsnotifications@yahoogroups.com?subject=Feedback%20on%20the%20r
          edesigned%20daily%20digest%20v4> Submit Feedback

          <mailto:ygroupsnotifications@yahoogroups.com?subject=Feedback%20on%20the%20r
          edesigned%20daily%20digest%20v4> >

          The Yahoo! Groups Product Blog

          <http://www.ygroupsblog.com/blog/> Check it out!

          <http://www.ygroupsblog.com/blog/> >

          Dc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxMzU2MjcxNTU3>
          Yahoo! Groups

          TJmZTk1bzRoBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5BHNlY
          wNmdHIEc2xrA3N0bmdzBHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTc-> CHANGE SETTINGS

          TJmZTk1bzRoBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5BHNlY
          wNmdHIEc2xrA3N0bmdzBHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTc-> >

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> TERMS OF USE

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> >

          subscribe> UNSUBSCRIBE

          subscribe> >