Re: [T TBS R] Re: Rough-running TBS

  • James Tennier
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 8 4:05 AM
      Also: Can't say enough good about StaBil. Not cloaged carbs since I started
      using the stuff 5 - 6 years ago.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 22, 2012
        I have a '99 TBS with the dual exhaust on the right side. I'm thinking
        of changing to a lower exhaust on both sides, as on the later models.
        I'm wondering just how different the triple engine has been through the
        years. If I find a used system from front to back, will the triple
        exhaust pipes bolt right up to the engine? I think I could work out the
        other mounting spots for the pipes and mufflers.

        In other words, how much different in the exhaust ports of the 885 and
        995 (and possibly 1050) engines?

        Happy Holidays,
        Woody Sutherland
        San Diego
      • sidney white
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 22, 2012
          you are asking for a lot of work, shifter,brake, footpegs should be
          considered

          --
          Sidney

          Who is John Galt?

        • Martin
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 23, 2012
            I have the 2004 TBS with a right and left muffler. With this setup, there is
            a crossover pipe that prevents the mounting of a centerstand. I can live
            with that, but I hate the Flash Gordon upswept mufflers. What is the purpose
            of that except for being a current fad that makes it difficult to mount bags
            on the rear? I also now have a scar on my leg where I made contact with one
            of the things just walking past on a hot August day. The mufflers are also
            ugly, in my opinion when compared to the regular T-Bird. I would love to
            mount a set of the regular T-Bird mufflers that run parallel to the ground,
            but it would take a bunch of custom header pipe work.

            Messages

            1a

            ylc=X3oDMTJyYXQ2Y2o2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2
            MjU5BG1zZ0lkAzE0NTE4BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2bXNnBHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTc-> '99
            TBird Sport exhaust

            Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:59 am (PST) . Posted by:

            <mailto:motowoodys@...?subject=Re%3A%20%2799%20TBird%20Sport%20exhaust
            > "Woody Sutherland" wosutherland

            I have a '99 TBS with the dual exhaust on the right side. I'm thinking
            of changing to a lower exhaust on both sides, as on the later models.
            I'm wondering just how different the triple engine has been through the
            years. If I find a used system from front to back, will the triple
            exhaust pipes bolt right up to the engine? I think I could work out the
            other mounting spots for the pipes and mufflers.

            In other words, how much different in the exhaust ports of the 885 and
            995 (and possibly 1050) engines?

            Happy Holidays,
            Woody Sutherland
            San Diego

            <mailto:motowoodys@...?subject=Re%3A%20%2799%20TBird%20Sport%20exhaust
            > Reply to sender .
            <mailto:triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20%2799%
            20TBird%20Sport%20exhaust> Reply to group .
            TJyNjZqbml0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5BG1zZ
            0lkAzE0NTE4BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawNycGx5BHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTc-?act=reply&messag
            eNum=14518> Reply via Web Post .
            ylc=X3oDMTM3czBsb2l2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2
            MjU5BG1zZ0lkAzE0NTE4BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTcEdHBjSWQD
            MTQ0NTg-> All Messages (20) . Top ^

            1b

            ylc=X3oDMTJyYmM4YnNqBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2
            MjU5BG1zZ0lkAzE0NTE5BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2bXNnBHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTc-> Re:
            '99 TBird Sport exhaust

            Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:17 am (PST) . Posted by:

            <mailto:aswbocchi@...?subject=Re%3A%20%2799%20TBird%20Sport%20exhaust>
            "sidney white" sidney.white51

            --
            Sidney

            Who is John Galt?

            <mailto:aswbocchi@...?subject=Re%3A%20%2799%20TBird%20Sport%20exhaust>
            Reply to sender .
            <mailto:triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20%2799%
            20TBird%20Sport%20exhaust> Reply to group .
            TJycjVjNnQxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5BG1zZ
            0lkAzE0NTE5BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawNycGx5BHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTc-?act=reply&messag
            eNum=14519> Reply via Web Post .
            ylc=X3oDMTM3Z2pxMDI0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2
            MjU5BG1zZ0lkAzE0NTE5BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTcEdHBjSWQD
            MTQ0NTg-> All Messages (20) . Top ^

            5tbTI1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5BHNlYwN2dG
            wEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTM1NjI3MTU1Nw--> Visit Your Group

            5tbTI1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5BHNlYwN2dG
            wEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTM1NjI3MTU1Nw--> >

            3oDMTJmYzc4Z21kBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5B
            HNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawNhdHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTc-?xm=1&m=p&tidx=1> View All
            Topics

            3oDMTJmYzc4Z21kBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5B
            HNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawNhdHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTc-?xm=1&m=p&tidx=1> >

            TJmZWNraHVuBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5BHNlY
            wNkbXNnBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTc-> Create New Topic

            TJmZWNraHVuBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5BHNlY
            wNkbXNnBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTc-> >

            <mailto:ygroupsnotifications@yahoogroups.com?subject=Feedback%20on%20the%20r
            edesigned%20daily%20digest%20v4> Submit Feedback

            <mailto:ygroupsnotifications@yahoogroups.com?subject=Feedback%20on%20the%20r
            edesigned%20daily%20digest%20v4> >

            The Yahoo! Groups Product Blog

            <http://www.ygroupsblog.com/blog/> Check it out!

            <http://www.ygroupsblog.com/blog/> >

            Dc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxMzU2MjcxNTU3>
            Yahoo! Groups

            TJmZTk1bzRoBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5BHNlY
            wNmdHIEc2xrA3N0bmdzBHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTc-> CHANGE SETTINGS

            TJmZTk1bzRoBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5BHNlY
            wNmdHIEc2xrA3N0bmdzBHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTc-> >

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> TERMS OF USE

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> >

            subscribe> UNSUBSCRIBE

            subscribe> >