Re: [T TBS R] Re: Rough-running TBS

  • James Tennier
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 8, 2012
      Unusual experience this spring. Tried starting Thunderbird, lights, brake lites,
      horn etc, worked but would not start. Finialy had "new" (hardly ridden since
      2010 when an 08 Sprint joined the family.) Battery checked (AGM) it had voltage
      but less than enough amperage... New battery again and off she went. Her way of
      showing jealousy I guess. Be Safe/ but still have fun.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 8, 2012
        Also: Can't say enough good about StaBil. Not cloaged carbs since I started
        using the stuff 5 - 6 years ago.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 22, 2012
          I have a '99 TBS with the dual exhaust on the right side. I'm thinking
          of changing to a lower exhaust on both sides, as on the later models.
          I'm wondering just how different the triple engine has been through the
          years. If I find a used system from front to back, will the triple
          exhaust pipes bolt right up to the engine? I think I could work out the
          other mounting spots for the pipes and mufflers.

          In other words, how much different in the exhaust ports of the 885 and
          995 (and possibly 1050) engines?

          Happy Holidays,
          Woody Sutherland
          San Diego
        • sidney white
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 22, 2012
            you are asking for a lot of work, shifter,brake, footpegs should be
            considered

            --
            Sidney

            Who is John Galt?

          • Martin
            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 23, 2012
              I have the 2004 TBS with a right and left muffler. With this setup, there is
              a crossover pipe that prevents the mounting of a centerstand. I can live
              with that, but I hate the Flash Gordon upswept mufflers. What is the purpose
              of that except for being a current fad that makes it difficult to mount bags
              on the rear? I also now have a scar on my leg where I made contact with one
              of the things just walking past on a hot August day. The mufflers are also
              ugly, in my opinion when compared to the regular T-Bird. I would love to
              mount a set of the regular T-Bird mufflers that run parallel to the ground,
              but it would take a bunch of custom header pipe work.

              Messages

              1a

              ylc=X3oDMTJyYXQ2Y2o2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2
              MjU5BG1zZ0lkAzE0NTE4BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2bXNnBHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTc-> '99
              TBird Sport exhaust

              Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:59 am (PST) . Posted by:

              <mailto:motowoodys@...?subject=Re%3A%20%2799%20TBird%20Sport%20exhaust
              > "Woody Sutherland" wosutherland

              I have a '99 TBS with the dual exhaust on the right side. I'm thinking
              of changing to a lower exhaust on both sides, as on the later models.
              I'm wondering just how different the triple engine has been through the
              years. If I find a used system from front to back, will the triple
              exhaust pipes bolt right up to the engine? I think I could work out the
              other mounting spots for the pipes and mufflers.

              In other words, how much different in the exhaust ports of the 885 and
              995 (and possibly 1050) engines?

              Happy Holidays,
              Woody Sutherland
              San Diego

              <mailto:motowoodys@...?subject=Re%3A%20%2799%20TBird%20Sport%20exhaust
              > Reply to sender .
              <mailto:triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20%2799%
              20TBird%20Sport%20exhaust> Reply to group .
              TJyNjZqbml0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5BG1zZ
              0lkAzE0NTE4BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawNycGx5BHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTc-?act=reply&messag
              eNum=14518> Reply via Web Post .
              ylc=X3oDMTM3czBsb2l2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2
              MjU5BG1zZ0lkAzE0NTE4BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTcEdHBjSWQD
              MTQ0NTg-> All Messages (20) . Top ^

              1b

              ylc=X3oDMTJyYmM4YnNqBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2
              MjU5BG1zZ0lkAzE0NTE5BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2bXNnBHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTc-> Re:
              '99 TBird Sport exhaust

              Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:17 am (PST) . Posted by:

              <mailto:aswbocchi@...?subject=Re%3A%20%2799%20TBird%20Sport%20exhaust>
              "sidney white" sidney.white51

              --
              Sidney

              Who is John Galt?

              <mailto:aswbocchi@...?subject=Re%3A%20%2799%20TBird%20Sport%20exhaust>
              Reply to sender .
              <mailto:triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20%2799%
              20TBird%20Sport%20exhaust> Reply to group .
              TJycjVjNnQxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5BG1zZ
              0lkAzE0NTE5BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawNycGx5BHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTc-?act=reply&messag
              eNum=14519> Reply via Web Post .
              ylc=X3oDMTM3Z2pxMDI0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2
              MjU5BG1zZ0lkAzE0NTE5BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTcEdHBjSWQD
              MTQ0NTg-> All Messages (20) . Top ^

              5tbTI1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5BHNlYwN2dG
              wEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTM1NjI3MTU1Nw--> Visit Your Group

              5tbTI1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5BHNlYwN2dG
              wEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTM1NjI3MTU1Nw--> >

              3oDMTJmYzc4Z21kBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5B
              HNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawNhdHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTc-?xm=1&m=p&tidx=1> View All
              Topics

              3oDMTJmYzc4Z21kBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5B
              HNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawNhdHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTc-?xm=1&m=p&tidx=1> >

              TJmZWNraHVuBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5BHNlY
              wNkbXNnBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTc-> Create New Topic

              TJmZWNraHVuBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5BHNlY
              wNkbXNnBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTc-> >

              <mailto:ygroupsnotifications@yahoogroups.com?subject=Feedback%20on%20the%20r
              edesigned%20daily%20digest%20v4> Submit Feedback

              <mailto:ygroupsnotifications@yahoogroups.com?subject=Feedback%20on%20the%20r
              edesigned%20daily%20digest%20v4> >

              The Yahoo! Groups Product Blog

              <http://www.ygroupsblog.com/blog/> Check it out!

              <http://www.ygroupsblog.com/blog/> >

              Dc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxMzU2MjcxNTU3>
              Yahoo! Groups

              TJmZTk1bzRoBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5BHNlY
              wNmdHIEc2xrA3N0bmdzBHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTc-> CHANGE SETTINGS

              TJmZTk1bzRoBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzU2ODc0MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjU5BHNlY
              wNmdHIEc2xrA3N0bmdzBHN0aW1lAzEzNTYyNzE1NTc-> >

              <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> TERMS OF USE

              <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> >

              subscribe> UNSUBSCRIBE

              subscribe> >