Re: [T TBS R] Re: BAD ALTERNATOR?

  • Gary Gavin
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 8, 2012
      Keith,
      Thanks for asking that question. Now I'm wondering what the condition of
      my brushes are?

      Gare
      98 TBS
      Sanford, NC

    • James Tennier
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 8, 2012
        Keith; Really glad it worked out for you. Lesson here is alternator brushes may
        be suspect around (50,000) miles. Now, I too know this. Thanks... Jim T Reno

        ________________________________
        From: gary.l.gavin@...
        Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 14:07:55 -0500

        Tiger riders report replacing a regulator/rectifier and/or stator on low
        or

        non performing alternators. Don't have any further details as you mention

        there is nothing in the official service manual. The Haynes service and

        repair manual has a section on removal and testing alternator components.

        Alternator output reading at the battery terminals should be 13.5 volts or

        a little higher. Tiger riders who bypass the wiring loom with a direct

        connection to the battery are getting 14 volts or more. Tried searching for

        the instructions, it's known as the Sasquatch mod in the forums.

        They also mention being able to get parts from

        http://www.ricksmotorsportelectrics.com

        Hope this helps.

        Gare

        98 TBS