Turnsignals/hazards not working!

  • stewart
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5, 2012
      I gave my TBS a pretty thorough bath yesterday and when I got done the turnsignals and hazard lights won't flash! The indicator will come on, but not flash. Everything else works fine.

      I took an air hose and blew out all the electrical connectors I could find and blew off the t/s relay. Took the switch housing apart and it was dry. Checked the fuses too. Still not working....

      Waited overnight, hoping it would dry out, and still not working.

      Is there a flasher on here that I can't find? What am I missing?

      Help! I have an appointment tonight to get the inspection done and it won't pass without turnsignals...

      Thanks
      Stewart
    • Reichardt, Niles
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5, 2012
        On Mar 5, 2012, at 8:53 AM, stewart wrote:

        Is there a flasher on here that I can't find? What am I missing?

        Yes, it is the cubic thingy under the right hand side cover.

      • stewart
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 5, 2012
          That's what I thought. Wasn't sure if it had a "relay" separate from the "flasher" .... I didn't see one in the wiring diagram. I dried that off and checked the connection.

          Thanks

          --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "Reichardt, Niles" <nlr@...> wrote:

          > On Mar 5, 2012, at 8:53 AM, stewart wrote:
          >
          > Is there a flasher on here that I can't find? What am I missing?
          >
          > Yes, it is the cubic thingy under the right hand side cover.

        • Todd Luchette
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 5, 2012
            If you didn't, you should cover them with plastic bags and seal them off with rubberbands before washing. Same with the exhaust and you should put tape over the ignition well.

            On Mar 5, 2012, at 8:53 AM, stewart wrote:

            > I gave my TBS a pretty thorough bath yesterday and when I got done the turnsignals and hazard lights won't flash! The indicator will come on, but not flash. Everything else works fine.
            >
            > I took an air hose and blew out all the electrical connectors I could find and blew off the t/s relay. Took the switch housing apart and it was dry. Checked the fuses too. Still not working....
            >
            > Waited overnight, hoping it would dry out, and still not working.
            >
            > Is there a flasher on here that I can't find? What am I missing?
            >
            > Help! I have an appointment tonight to get the inspection done and it won't pass without turnsignals...
            >
            > Thanks
            > Stewart

          • stewart
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 6, 2012
              Twas the relay. got one at Autozone last night.

              Part # EP36

              Thanks all