Spark plug gap

  • justme88
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 27, 2012
      Any one know the gap for my 98 TBS Thanks Paul
    • Gary Gavin
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 27, 2012
        .8 to .9 mm. The stock NGK DPR 8EA-9 plugs will come with that gap. I
        always check then to make sure they are all the same.

        --
        Gare

      • justme88
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 27, 2012
          --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "justme88" <kungfupaul2002@...> wrote:

          > Any one know the gap for my 98 TBS Thanks Paul

          I bought the NGK Iridium plugs if that matters should have added that hope they are not a waste of money over the standard plug
        • Gary Gavin
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 27, 2012
            I just purchased the iridium plugs as well, but for my Sportster. Looking
            for an improvement in mileage. Might not get that as I installed a
            windshield as well. One of those tall wide ones with big heavy chrome
            braces and brackets. But it is more comfortable and warmer commuting.

            Let us know your experience with the iridium plugs on your triple.

            --
            Gare
            98 TBS

          • KEITH REGELIN
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 28, 2012
              The owner's manual calls for .031-.035 inch. Keith '98 TBS Portland, OR

              To: triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com
              From: kungfupaul2002@...
              Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 02:53:51 +0000
              Subject: [T TBS R] Re: Spark plug gap