TB Mufflers on TBS

  • R60Rider
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2011
      I really like my 2004 TBS. But I've always hated the swept-up Flash Gordon
      mufflers. I even have a scar on my leg where I had a brush with one after a
      run on a hot August evening. And they make it difficult to mount any
      reasonably sized bags for traveling.

      Back in 2005 when I ordered a set of Off Roads from the Triumph dealer, I
      was sent a set of the "pea shooters" made for the TB by mistake which of
      course would not fit on the Sport. Now I'm kicking myself for not hanging on
      to the TB Off Roads. But that's beside the point now. Has anyone ever made
      the conversion to the TB mufflers whether Off Roads or not? Yes, I know it
      would require a custom made set of pipes and hangers. I just want to know if
      it's doable while still looking good, not klutzy, the approximate cost and
      if there are any photos of a conversion out there.

      Martin

      1966 BMW R60 (bought in 1966).

      1969 BMW R69US.

      2004 Triumph TBS.