Re: [T TBS R] Hi. New here from Fallbrook, CA 92083.

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 25, 2011
      I've ridden a Thruxton and find it a fun bike, but like you that could never replace my TBS.

      I replaced my original chain and sprockets at around 22,000 miles.
      They were very worn out.

      I'd think if the chain has been well lubed you could get some more miles out of it with adjustment.

      When mine was worn out, adjustment would help for a short time, and then it would need it again in only a couple of hundred miles.

      be sure to check the counter shaft sprocket as that one wears faster than the rear one.
      I was taught to change chain and sprockets as a set, YMMV.

      cheers´╗┐,
      Denny