hello all

  • Morgan
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2011
      I am dire need of a service manual for my bike does anyone know where to aquire one other than the dealership? Is there a place to down load one? I've tried everything cleaned the carbs new coils and plugs and cables. Now gas leaks out of something down by the kick stand. Won't run sputters and dies lacks power still any words of wisdom
    • McGurk
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2011
        http://www.repairmanual.com/online/haynes-triumph-750-900-triples-1200-fours-1991-2004-repair-manual-h2162/

        --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "Morgan" <mrgn_mccarthy@...> wrote:

        > I am dire need of a service manual for my bike does anyone know where to aquire one other than the dealership? Is there a place to down load one? I've tried everything cleaned the carbs new coils and plugs and cables. Now gas leaks out of something down by the kick stand. Won't run sputters and dies lacks power still any words of wisdom

      • Reichardt, Niles
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 2, 2011
          On Sep 1, 2011, at 6:59 PM, Morgan wrote:

          I am dire need of a service manual for my bike does anyone know where to aquire one other than the dealership? Is there a place to down load one? I've tried everything cleaned the carbs new coils and plugs and cables. Now gas leaks out of something down by the kick stand. Won't run sputters and dies lacks power still any words of wisdom

          Kinda sounds like it might be from junk in the air box choking it out. Did you have the carbs out to clean them and check the air box and filter? There is a drain hose coming off of the back of the air box and it runs down behind the side stand. There is a solid plug about 2" up the hose, and if you pull that out you might drain a bunch of junk out of the air box. When you say it won't run, does it start and idle then die under load; or won't it maintain an idle? Does choke make it better or worse?

        • Peter T
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 2, 2011
            Could also be a float hanging up on you. I've had the same problem and my carbs are spotless but when it's been awhile since its been ridden they can hang a bit. I've since run some Seafoam and problem has gone away...anyway....BE very careful but take a soft RUBBER mallet or simlar NON marking object and GENTLY rap on the sides of carb bodies while holding the bike upright. I have a feeling that your carbs floats are hanging up and flooding out the motor.

            --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "Reichardt, Niles" <nlr@...> wrote:

            > On Sep 1, 2011, at 6:59 PM, Morgan wrote:
            >
            > I am dire need of a service manual for my bike does anyone know where to aquire one other than the dealership? Is there a place to down load one? I've tried everything cleaned the carbs new coils and plugs and cables. Now gas leaks out of something down by the kick stand. Won't run sputters and dies lacks power still any words of wisdom
            >
            > Kinda sounds like it might be from junk in the air box choking it out. Did you have the carbs out to clean them and check the air box and filter? There is a drain hose coming off of the back of the air box and it runs down behind the side stand. There is a solid plug about 2" up the hose, and if you pull that out you might drain a bunch of junk out of the air box. When you say it won't run, does it start and idle then die under load; or won't it maintain an idle? Does choke make it better or worse?

          • jim mcgrath

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 2, 2011
                I can only take the credit of passing on all the great lessons learned from this and the triumph Rat group. I had purchased new float needles thinking the rubber tips were bad and then everything was working fine again after a bit of seafoam additive or it just worked itself out. Mine would flood at idle.

                > Pete T always has sound advice when it comes to our fav bike.....as for manual, I can't copy the damn thing but if there's anything perticular you need I'm more than happy to scan
                > To: triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com
                > From: nlr@...
                > Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 14:20:30 +0000
                > Subject: Re: [T TBS R] hello all

                > On Sep 1, 2011, at 6:59 PM, Morgan wrote:
                >

                > I am dire need of a service manual for my bike does anyone know where to aquire one other than the dealership? Is there a place to down load one? I've tried everything cleaned the carbs new coils and plugs and cables. Now gas leaks out of something down by the kick stand. Won't run sputters and dies lacks power still any words of wisdom
                >

                > Kinda sounds like it might be from junk in the air box choking it out. Did you have the carbs out to clean them and check the air box and filter? There is a drain hose coming off of the back of the air box and it runs down behind the side stand. There is a solid plug about 2" up the hose, and if you pull that out you might drain a bunch of junk out of the air box. When you say it won't run, does it start and idle then die under load; or won't it maintain an idle? Does choke make it better or worse?

              • James Tennier
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 2, 2011
                  Again; since our bikes for the most part aren't ridden every day, StaBil or
                  another of equal quality is imperative. Gas forms gum in short order and (gummy)
                  needles and seats don't work as they are supposed to.

                  ________________________________

                  wrote:

                  > Pete T always has sound advice when it comes to our fav bike.....as for manual,
                  >I can't copy the damn thing but if there's anything perticular you need I'm more
                  >than happy to scan
                  > To: triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com
                  > From: nlr@...
                  > Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 14:20:30 +0000
                  > Subject: Re: [T TBS R] hello all

                  > On Sep 1, 2011, at 6:59 PM, Morgan wrote:
                  >

                  > I am dire need of a service manual for my bike does anyone know where to aquire
                  >one other than the dealership? Is there a place to down load one? I've tried
                  >everything cleaned the carbs new coils and plugs and cables. Now gas leaks out
                  >of something down by the kick stand. Won't run sputters and dies lacks power
                  >still any words of wisdom
                  >

                  > Kinda sounds like it might be from junk in the air box choking it out. Did you
                  >have the carbs out to clean them and check the air box and filter? There is a
                  >drain hose coming off of the back of the air box and it runs down behind the
                  >side stand. There is a solid plug about 2" up the hose, and if you pull that out
                  >you might drain a bunch of junk out of the air box. When you say it won't run,
                  >does it start and idle then die under load; or won't it maintain an idle? Does
                  >choke make it better or worse?

                • Triumphmotorcycleman Triple
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 3, 2011
                    Hi Peter T,

                    I've got the same problem but didn't have the time yet to sort it out.
                    My TBS is excellent condition apart from that carb thing haha and isn't used regularly.
                    I do ride a 750 Trident daily, 6000 miles a year, Speed Triple 900, 1000 miles a year.

                    But, i can supply you a downloadlink, the Haynes manual and the original Triumph manual.

                    Therefor you'll have to copy and paste this or these link(s):

                    http://www.mediafire.com/?sen1us6n7nbcmek
                    http://www.mediafire.com/?br244dfh2829gmn

                    Or go to the following and enjoy the world of British Bikes and Rockabilly Music.
                    There you'll find it on the first page, the first and second picture is me and my wife with the Thunderbird Sport.

                    http://triumph-britbiker.blogspot.com/

                    Regards,

                    Koos