Re: Front spoke breakage

  • donald williams
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 27, 2011
      --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "triumphtrophyrider" <Trophy900rider@...> wrote:

      > I've got a '98 TBS and noticed a little shake in the front end while riding the other day. I looked down at the front wheel while moving and noticed some side to side movement. Upon inspection I found a broken spoke at the nipple end of the spoke. It's sheared right where it enters the rim. Anyone had this problem? Any idea of where I can get individual spokes for the aluminum Akront rims on the bike? Buchanan Spoke and rim, maybe? Thanks.
      >
      > Pete

      I had the same thing happen to my '99 TBS and the wheel collapsed in a parking lot.it was still under warranty at the time so triumph replaced the wheel.what I have found with variuos parts over the years is that this fine motorcycle is built with alot of older style japanese technology.brakes are same as a honda f-3,levers same as a Concourse etc.You might have good luck asking at a custom H-D shop for a good wheel builder to dource the spokes and or get the wheel rebuilt.I would replace all the spokes at the same time since they share the load equally.I suspect faulty spoke nipples as the main issue.