Re: [T TBS R] Re: Aftermarket Wheels

  • Alec Gore
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 18, 2011
      http://www.hagon-shocks.co.uk/common/pdf/wheels2011.pdf

      On 18 July 2011 17:06, triumphtrophyrider <Trophy900rider@...>wrote:

      > Gary,
      >
      > Thanks for the info. I've looked at a few TBS's with cast wheels and I'm
      > not sure I like the look. Spoked wheels seem to fit better with the
      > styling. I'm on the hunt for a new front rim - I've got some leads but they
      > aren't cheap!
      >
      > Pete

    • Mo
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 18, 2011
        If I'm not mistaken, a real benefit to the cast rims is that you can go with tubeless tires...tubes are a pain.

        16EFE88F4

        ________________________________
        > Thanks for the info. I've looked at a few TBS's with cast wheels and I'm
        > not sure I like the look. Spoked wheels seem to fit better with the
        > styling. I'm on the hunt for a new front rim - I've got some leads but they
        > aren't cheap!
        >
        > Pete

      • jim mcgrath
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 18, 2011
          front rim for thunderbird....hope this helps http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-Triumph-Thunderbird-FRONT-WHEEL-RIM-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c5d89c9b6QQitemZ190547872182QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
          To: triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com
          From: Trophy900rider@...
          Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 16:06:46 +0000
          Subject: [T TBS R] Re: Aftermarket Wheels

          Gary,

          Thanks for the info. I've looked at a few TBS's with cast wheels and I'm not sure I like the look. Spoked wheels seem to fit better with the styling. I'm on the hunt for a new front rim - I've got some leads but they aren't cheap!

          Pete

          '96 Tiger

          '98 TBS

          '00 Trophy 900

          '01 Bonneville

          '06 MV Agusta Brutale 910s

          --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, Gary Gavin <gary.l.gavin@...> wrote:

          > There is some interchangeability between motorcycle wheels. If you look at

          > TriumphRAT.net you'll find people using wheels, shocks, forks and

          > brake calipers from certain years of Kawasaki ZX1000 or something similar.

          > Sorry that I don't have the exact info.

          > I have purchased products from Triumph-ant

          > http://www.triumph-ant.co.uk/index.html in the UK. If you look at their

          > special Thunderbird section you will see several different wheels being

          > used. They may be able to provide some info on what was used. In addition

          > Jack Lilley http://www.jacklilley.com/ also UK based offered some nice three

          > spoke sport bike wheels for the TBS. While they don't have a TBS parts

          > section on their website anymore they may still be able to offer up so info.

          > Of course a fine wheel builder can whip up something special and most likely

          > source new hubs and anodized rims.

          > --

          > Gare

          > 98 TBS

          > 07 Mini Cooper S

          > Sanford, NC

        • triumphtrophyrider
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 18, 2011
            Thanks for the link but I believe that wheel is for the standard Thunderbird not a Thunderbird Sport. The wheel listed only has the mount for a single disc.

            Pete