Re: Aftermarket Wheels

  • triumphtrophyrider
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 18 9:06 AM
      Gary,

      Thanks for the info. I've looked at a few TBS's with cast wheels and I'm not sure I like the look. Spoked wheels seem to fit better with the styling. I'm on the hunt for a new front rim - I've got some leads but they aren't cheap!

      Pete

      '96 Tiger
      '98 TBS
      '00 Trophy 900
      '01 Bonneville
      '06 MV Agusta Brutale 910s

      --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, Gary Gavin <gary.l.gavin@...> wrote:

      > There is some interchangeability between motorcycle wheels. If you look at
      > TriumphRAT.net you'll find people using wheels, shocks, forks and
      > brake calipers from certain years of Kawasaki ZX1000 or something similar.
      > Sorry that I don't have the exact info.
      >
      > I have purchased products from Triumph-ant
      > http://www.triumph-ant.co.uk/index.html in the UK. If you look at their
      > special Thunderbird section you will see several different wheels being
      > used. They may be able to provide some info on what was used. In addition
      > Jack Lilley http://www.jacklilley.com/ also UK based offered some nice three
      > spoke sport bike wheels for the TBS. While they don't have a TBS parts
      > section on their website anymore they may still be able to offer up so info.
      >
      > Of course a fine wheel builder can whip up something special and most likely
      > source new hubs and anodized rims.
      >
      > --
      > Gare
      > 98 TBS
      > 07 Mini Cooper S
      > Sanford, NC

    • Alec Gore
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 18 9:26 AM
        http://www.hagon-shocks.co.uk/common/pdf/wheels2011.pdf

        On 18 July 2011 17:06, triumphtrophyrider <Trophy900rider@...>wrote:

        > Gary,
        >
        > Thanks for the info. I've looked at a few TBS's with cast wheels and I'm
        > not sure I like the look. Spoked wheels seem to fit better with the
        > styling. I'm on the hunt for a new front rim - I've got some leads but they
        > aren't cheap!
        >
        > Pete

      • Mo
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 18 4:53 PM
          If I'm not mistaken, a real benefit to the cast rims is that you can go with tubeless tires...tubes are a pain.

          16EFE88F4

          ________________________________
          > Thanks for the info. I've looked at a few TBS's with cast wheels and I'm
          > not sure I like the look. Spoked wheels seem to fit better with the
          > styling. I'm on the hunt for a new front rim - I've got some leads but they
          > aren't cheap!
          >
          > Pete

        • jim mcgrath
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 18 5:11 PM
            front rim for thunderbird....hope this helps http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-Triumph-Thunderbird-FRONT-WHEEL-RIM-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c5d89c9b6QQitemZ190547872182QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
            To: triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com
            From: Trophy900rider@...
            Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 16:06:46 +0000
            Subject: [T TBS R] Re: Aftermarket Wheels

            Gary,

            Thanks for the info. I've looked at a few TBS's with cast wheels and I'm not sure I like the look. Spoked wheels seem to fit better with the styling. I'm on the hunt for a new front rim - I've got some leads but they aren't cheap!

            Pete

            '96 Tiger

            '98 TBS

            '00 Trophy 900

            '01 Bonneville

            '06 MV Agusta Brutale 910s

            --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, Gary Gavin <gary.l.gavin@...> wrote:

            > There is some interchangeability between motorcycle wheels. If you look at

            > TriumphRAT.net you'll find people using wheels, shocks, forks and

            > brake calipers from certain years of Kawasaki ZX1000 or something similar.

            > Sorry that I don't have the exact info.

            > I have purchased products from Triumph-ant

            > http://www.triumph-ant.co.uk/index.html in the UK. If you look at their

            > special Thunderbird section you will see several different wheels being

            > used. They may be able to provide some info on what was used. In addition

            > Jack Lilley http://www.jacklilley.com/ also UK based offered some nice three

            > spoke sport bike wheels for the TBS. While they don't have a TBS parts

            > section on their website anymore they may still be able to offer up so info.

            > Of course a fine wheel builder can whip up something special and most likely

            > source new hubs and anodized rims.

            > --

            > Gare

            > 98 TBS

            > 07 Mini Cooper S

            > Sanford, NC

          • triumphtrophyrider
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 18 8:22 PM
              Thanks for the link but I believe that wheel is for the standard Thunderbird not a Thunderbird Sport. The wheel listed only has the mount for a single disc.

              Pete