RE: [T TBS R] Ignitech ECU update

  • jim mcgrath
    Message 1 of 6 , May 22, 2011
      Unfortunatley, I purchased two sets. The copper relay connectors keep coming off and the current spark connector cover fits poorly over the plug hole. Their factory is just up the road from me and they were more than happy to accomodate but they came off again. Switched back to my old wires.
      Will let you know what solution they come up with when I go back. The relays are awesome as you know.

      To: triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com
      From: rpape1@...
      Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 01:19:05 +0000
      Subject: Re: [T TBS R] Ignitech ECU update

      The Ignitech TCIP4 with the adapter cable cost me about $240.

      Just curious, has anyone tried the spark plug wires from Nology?
      Rick

      From: rpape1@...
      Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 23:09:55 +0000
      Subject: [T TBS R] Ignitech ECU update

      I ordered the TCIP4 unit from Ignitech. Having never used Paypal before they were the only slow portion of this project. The unit arrived last Thursday and came iwth the ECU, an adapter cable and a CD with a program for the unit. As you said, Gary, it was preprogrammed for the TBS. Remove the seat, the right side cover,
      unplug the old unit mounted on the front of the battery box, plugged the adapter cable in to the ECU then into the wiring harness and turn on the key and hit the start button. Fired right up. With the Nology coils and the Ignitech ECU the motor has really smoothed out. Even got a little chirp out of the rear tire going from 2nd to 3rd coming out of a turn.

      I guess now its on to exhaust and intake mods.

      Thanks to all for your posts in the last few years. I keep files on the ones that I,ve used and a few are stuck in my manual for quick refernce.

      Rick

    • jim mcgrath
      Message 2 of 6 , May 22, 2011
        I can post pics of them if you want Rick

      • rpape1@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 6 , May 23, 2011
          Thanks, Jim for the feedback. I'll wait a bit and see if they get it figured out. Got to do a longer ride today. Almost a different bike. I find I have to watch out for the paint stripes in corners have gotten slicker. The chirp from 1st to 2nd is a given. Don't even have to try. My idle increased 250 rpm with no adjustments to carbs. I may miss the family the next few weekends Used 2 sided tape to hold the ECU initially. Drilled a few holes in the side of the battery box to add a couple of tie wraps for extra security. I'm starting to think about clip-ons!

          Rick