Re: [T TBS R] Re: fork seals

  • Woody Sutherland
    Message 1 of 7 , May 13, 2011
      On 05/13/2011 03:37 PM, Gary Gavin wrote:
      > I did the bushings and changed the fork oil at the same time I did the
      > seals. I purchased the official Triumph tools which made the job easier,
      > not cheaper. I have a Motion Pro fork oil level gauge.
      >
      > Gary
      > 98 TBS
      > 07 Mini Cooper
      > Sanford, NC

      What are the special tools?

      Woody
    • Gary Gavin
      Message 2 of 7 , May 14, 2011
        Sorry for the delay in responding. In the process of moving and everything
        is still in the moving van till next week. As I remember I purchased the
        following Triumph tools through my dealer.

        Fork Seal Drift
        Fork Rod Tool
        Fork Cylinder Adaptor

        When I'm able to locate my service manual and unpack my tool box I can
        double check that info.

        I know people have fabricated these items.

        If you need to hold the lower fork leg you can use a large bench vice but be
        sure to use some wood to protect the leg

        07 Mini Cooper
        Sanford, NC

      • rpape1@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 7 , May 14, 2011
          Woody:

          I just replaced both front fork seals. Used service tools #3880090 and 3880080. Could also have used # 3880085 but somehow missed ordering it. Got creative with a piece of wire and made it work. Like Gary I changed bushings and seals at same time. Good Sunday afternoon project.

          I just ordered the Ignitech TCIP4 Ignition module for my 03 TBS. anyone have experience with the installation. Mostly curious if it comes already programmed or do I have to guess at the settings?

          Thanks,
          Rick

          On 05/13/2011 03:37 PM, Gary Gavin wrote:
          > I did the bushings and changed the fork oil at the same time I did the
          > seals. I purchased the official Triumph tools which made the job easier,
          > not cheaper. I have a Motion Pro fork oil level gauge.
          >
          > Gary
          > 98 TBS
          > 07 Mini Cooper
          > Sanford, NC