Re: This rotten weather is great for refurbishing the old TBS

  • thusprt04
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26, 2011
      I replaced my trophy monoshock with an adjustable hagon unit about a month ago and it made a huge difference to handling of the bike, and I'll change my TBS unit with one when it's spent. The KYB is great right now, only about 5K miles on it so I'm hoping it will be a while before I need to change it, but I have already made the decision given how good the Hagon unit is. It was also a direct swap, no installation fitmint problems at all.

      I had to give some thought and get some help from the Triumphrat.net group with placement of the remote adjuster, but even that went smoothly with past experience input.

      --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "Nic" <goodnuph@...> wrote:>> I have decidied to refurbish my y2k TBS. I wash thinking of reainting colors and style.> The orange and white stand out on the raod, but is hard to keep from soiling from road grime, plus I like the stealth colors for night straffing of hiways.> I haven't decidied what colors yet and that's the big problem.> I have Kehin flat slide carbs and plan to make a tuned 3-1-2 exhaust system so I can use aftermarket mufflers from the chopper cateloges, hoping to get around 110hp. > My saddle will have the stock pan but be reupholstered for weekend  traveling. I plan to use > progressive wound springs set for a 210lb rider and eqaual weight passenger when needed. the other problem is what brand shock to use.> well enuff planing to get this dream a reeality, time to get greasy.> I'll use my V-strom for a partds chaser.>