Re: Sport vs TBird Rear wheel - compatible?

  • Mario Zarnich
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 26, 2010
      >Posted by: "Denny"
      dennyhenderson@...

      dennyhenderson

      >BoltsRightUp

      >The Hub, Rotor, Sprocket etc. are all the same

      >Difference is limited to the Rim, Spokes, Tire and Tube.

      Thanks yo all for the responses

      Cheers

      Mario Speed Freak's Performance MotorcyclesAtlanta's European Bike Night (EBN)Atlanta's Triumph Motorcycle Club

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 28, 2010
        > check these guys out, I love them...always seem to have what I need-

        Not to mention a nice price!
      • arieldunnwright
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 28, 2010
          > jim mcgrath <jimmsd@...> wrote:
          > check these guys out, I love them...always seem to have what I need-

          Yeah, Pinwall Cycles has a lot of stuff. When I was looking for some brake parts they had pieces from two early(1998, 1999) yellow Thunderbird Sports they had broken. They have video on their websites of the bikes running before they stripped 'em down. Makes me wonder why they broke them, unless they figure they can recoup their money from buying older, running bikes and selling the pieces. By the time I had looked the tanks and seats and fenders were gone. It's tempting to buy some of the stuff "just in case".

          Lew
          '09 Speed Triple
          '07 DR-Z400SM
          '99 Legend TT (wife's)
          '98 TBS
        • jim mcgrath
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 28, 2010
            LOL, I have stocked parts from them

            To: triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com
            From: no_reply@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 16:23:51 +0000
            Subject: Re: [T TBS R] Sport vs TBird Rear wheel - compatible?

            > jim mcgrath <jimmsd@...> wrote:
            > check these guys out, I love them...always seem to have what I need-

            Yeah, Pinwall Cycles has a lot of stuff. When I was looking for some brake parts they had pieces from two early(1998, 1999) yellow Thunderbird Sports they had broken. They have video on their websites of the bikes running before they stripped 'em down. Makes me wonder why they broke them, unless they figure they can recoup their money from buying older, running bikes and selling the pieces. By the time I had looked the tanks and seats and fenders were gone. It's tempting to buy some of the stuff "just in case".

            Lew
            '09 Speed Triple
            '07 DR-Z400SM
            '99 Legend TT (wife's)
            '98 TBS

          • Nic
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 30, 2010
              Hi folks;
              It seems that most of the rear wheels from the early T'birds as well as the Trophy/S3 models .
              The only thing between the Trophy/S3 and T'birds are the brake rotoe caliper and anchors..
              The front rims are almost interchangeable.but require new spacers to align them.
              The weight drops about 20lbs and tubeless tires can be used.