  • Walter Strahota
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 8, 2010
      I just looked at a 2000 TBS with 15K, average shape for $3900. I would say $3500. should sell quickly.

    • Jimmy Hudson
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 8, 2010
        For what it is worth: I purchased a '98 TBS with 15k on it, looks beautiful, this past April, for $3,000. I've put Nology coils, spark plugs, tires, chain and sprockets, coolant and oil. It's a winner I think. I'm in the Charlotte, NC area. Just for your info.

        Best, Jimmy

        --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, Walter Strahota <carguy53151@...> wrote:

        > I just looked at a 2000 TBS with 15K, average shape for $3900. I would say $3500. should sell quickly.

      • Woody Sutherland
        Message 3 of 7 , May 13, 2011
          One of my front fork seals is weeping on the tube. Looks like I'll be
          tearing into it soon. Anyone have any tips or tricks for this job?

          Woody Sutherland
          San Diego
        • Gary Gavin
          Message 4 of 7 , May 13, 2011
            I did the bushings and changed the fork oil at the same time I did the
            seals. I purchased the official Triumph tools which made the job easier,
            not cheaper. I have a Motion Pro fork oil level gauge.

            07 Mini Cooper
            Sanford, NC

          • Woody Sutherland
            Message 5 of 7 , May 13, 2011
              On 05/13/2011 03:37 PM, Gary Gavin wrote:
              > I did the bushings and changed the fork oil at the same time I did the
              > seals. I purchased the official Triumph tools which made the job easier,
              > not cheaper. I have a Motion Pro fork oil level gauge.
              >
              > Gary
              > 98 TBS
              > 07 Mini Cooper
              > Sanford, NC

              What are the special tools?

              Woody
            • Gary Gavin
              Message 6 of 7 , May 14, 2011
                Sorry for the delay in responding. In the process of moving and everything
                is still in the moving van till next week. As I remember I purchased the
                following Triumph tools through my dealer.

                Fork Seal Drift
                Fork Rod Tool
                Fork Cylinder Adaptor

                When I'm able to locate my service manual and unpack my tool box I can
                double check that info.

                I know people have fabricated these items.

                If you need to hold the lower fork leg you can use a large bench vice but be
                sure to use some wood to protect the leg

                07 Mini Cooper
                Sanford, NC

              • rpape1@comcast.net
                Message 7 of 7 , May 14, 2011
                  Woody:

                  I just replaced both front fork seals. Used service tools #3880090 and 3880080. Could also have used # 3880085 but somehow missed ordering it. Got creative with a piece of wire and made it work. Like Gary I changed bushings and seals at same time. Good Sunday afternoon project.

                  I just ordered the Ignitech TCIP4 Ignition module for my 03 TBS. anyone have experience with the installation. Mostly curious if it comes already programmed or do I have to guess at the settings?

                  Thanks,
                  Rick

                  On 05/13/2011 03:37 PM, Gary Gavin wrote:
                  > I did the bushings and changed the fork oil at the same time I did the
                  > seals. I purchased the official Triumph tools which made the job easier,
                  > not cheaper. I have a Motion Pro fork oil level gauge.
                  >
                  > Gary
                  > 98 TBS
                  > 07 Mini Cooper
                  > Sanford, NC