Triumph Rules!

  • arieldunnwright
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2010
      Things have been pretty quiet here.
      I have a '09 Speed Triple and it is quite a bike, but I still have my '98 TBS and when I ride it, it makes me smile. It may not have the motor of the S3 but it turns quicker, it responds to me faster, it corners as hard as I want to, everyone tells me how good it looks . . . it's a great bike and, God willing, it will be in my garage until I can no longer ride (shudder!). The Speed Triple doesn't get anyone's attention. It's just extremely competent. And scary fast.

      Just got back from some really awesome roads in WV. It was so much fun for a flatlander like me to ride the twisties up and over the mountains. Definitely going to do that again next year! Maybe the Smokies. This was a training tour with Stayin' Safe. Good people, good roads. Highly recommended.

      Now I have a Gerbing heated liner I'll ride til the snow stays.
      And that's the way it is in Ohio.

      Lew
      '98 TBS
      '07 DR-Z400SM
      '09 Speed Triple
    • jim mcgrath
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 6, 2010
        The TBS is a billie goat, I just can't see riding anything else. I rules in the twistys!

        To: triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com