Re: [T TBS R] Front Wheel

  • Andrew Jenkins
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 22, 2010
      Ken wrote:

      > I had and accident and bent my front wheel. Does anyone have one for sale?

      I know of a complete front end for sale; wheel, discs, callipers, forks
      etc. but it's
      going for £800. That's the spoked wheel with alloy rim by the way.
      You could always give the guy a call and see if he'll sell just the
      wheel. His
      name's Sandy and his number is 01443 691666.

      Andy.
    • jim mcgrath
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 22, 2010
        If your in the states you might want to check Pinwheel, these guys always have T-bird salvage parts. I buy from them on regular basis. (have 3 of them) good luck

        To: triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com
        From: adjenkins@...
        Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 20:21:09 +0100
        Subject: Re: [T TBS R] Front Wheel

        Ken wrote:

        > I had and accident and bent my front wheel. Does anyone have one for sale?

        I know of a complete front end for sale; wheel, discs, callipers, forks
        etc. but it's
        going for �800. That's the spoked wheel with alloy rim by the way.
        You could always give the guy a call and see if he'll sell just the
        wheel. His
        name's Sandy and his number is 01443 691666.

        Andy.

      • HYPNO TOAD
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 22, 2010
          even better yet, I looked up Pinwheel, they have a front wheel for an Adventurer which should be same as T-Bird:

          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Triumph-Adventurer-FRONT-WHEEL-RIM-TIRE-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ370306639733QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

          --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, jim mcgrath <jimmsd@...> wrote:

          > If your in the states you might want to check Pinwheel, these guys always have T-bird salvage parts. I buy from them on regular basis. (have 3 of them) good luck
          >

          > To: triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com
          > From: adjenkins@...
          > Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 20:21:09 +0100
          > Subject: Re: [T TBS R] Front Wheel
          >

          > Ken wrote:
          > >

          > > I had and accident and bent my front wheel. Does anyone have one for sale?
          > >
          > I know of a complete front end for sale; wheel, discs, callipers, forks
          > etc. but it's
          > going for £800. That's the spoked wheel with alloy rim by the way.
          > You could always give the guy a call and see if he'll sell just the
          > wheel. His
          > name's Sandy and his number is 01443 691666.
          >
          > Andy.

        • Gary L. Gavin
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 22, 2010
            I purchased a replacement from Triumphant UK. At the time shipping USPS
            from UK to Hawaii was very reasonable and quicker than something from the
            mainland US. The rim was made by Behr. While the style of the rim is not a
            direct match for the OE Ankront the polish provides a visual match.

            Gary
            98 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
            00 Triumph Tiger (sold)
            07 Mini Cooper S
            85 Ron Cooper (push bike)

            To: triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com
            From: adjenkins@...
            Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 20:21:09 +0100

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 22, 2010
              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Triumph-Adventurer-FRONT-WHEEL-RIM-TIRE-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ370306639733QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
              <<<<they got one from an Adventurer for $250>>>>

            • adjenkins@gmail.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 22, 2010
                Yep, Triumphant that's Sandy. Really helpful bloke. I'm lucky, I live about 5miles from his workshop.

                Andy.

                To: triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com
                From: adjenkins@...
                Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 20:21:09 +0100