RE: [T TBS R] Question of front fork reseal

  • jim mcgrath
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5, 2010
      wow, I'm doing my own now, thanx w3w

      To: triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com
      From: w3w@...
      Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 19:20:43 -0700
      Subject: Re: [T TBS R] Question of front fork reseal

      I did this recently (on a '96 Daytona with the Kayaba forks) and it went
      very smooth. Two of the tools were very easy to make.

      1) Sliding hammer (I think it is called something else but it is used to
      seat the seals in the lower portion of the Fork Leg. This can easily be made
      from a piece of PVC tubing, search it on the web (that's where I found it)
      easy to make and easy to use.

      2) The tool to adjust the fluid level. I used a plastic tube and a large
      syringe. There are many for sale on Ebay but really they are just a tube
      with a measurement mark on it . Essentially you over fill the fork and then
      suck out what you don't use.

      I was pretty shocked how easy it was.

      Wes

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 5, 2010
        Thanks that is the info I needed.
        I guess I am kinda of the sort that would rather not pay to have work done that I can do myself. That is one reason I bought the factory manual when I bought this bike.

        Wayne