Ignitor Failed??

  • vwvvi
    Message 1 of 7 , May 31, 2010
      So, I've been told by my dealer that the ignitor on my 2004 Thunderbird Sport has probably failed. They aren't 100% sure, Triumph gives some diagnostic advice (I have the service manual) but say to replace it and see if it corrects the problem.

      They've gone through the whole ignition system, and I am 100% sure they are on my side. They even offered to install the new ignitor ($900 retail!!!) and if it doesn't correct the problem they'll eat the cost.

      So . . . searching online I found a Czech outfit called Ignitech that produces ignitors (or ECUs) for about 130 Euros, plus other costs. Does anyone have any experience with Ignitech and their products?

      Thanks, vern . . .
      Message 2 of 7 , May 31, 2010
        > So . . . searching online I found a Czech outfit called
        > Ignitech that produces ignitors (or ECUs) for about 130
        > Euros, plus other costs. Does anyone have any experience
        > with Ignitech and their products?

        I've never heard of them.

        If you do decide to go with them, though, please post your results. I'm sure many of us would be interested.
        Message 3 of 7 , May 31, 2010
          A few folks on the TriumphRat.net forums have used Ignitech.
          I've not seen any negative feedback so far.

          Just search there for Ignitech and you'll find more info.

          --On May 31, 2010 12:25:25 PM +0000 petermholmes <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 1, 2010
            Well, I got a response from Ignitech. Price is quite reasonable (compared with Triumph's anyway!!!) and delivery is supposed to be 7-10 days. I'll see, Canada Post has trouble getting a letter between two cities in Canada in that time. So . . . I'll risk a couple hundred dollars and see what happens.
            vern . . .

            --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, Denny <dennyhenderson@...> wrote:

            > A few folks on the TriumphRat.net forums have used Ignitech.
            > I've not seen any negative feedback so far.
            >
            > Just search there for Ignitech and you'll find more info.
            >
            > --On May 31, 2010 12:25:25 PM +0000 petermholmes <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
            > wrote:
            >
            > >> So . . . searching online I found a Czech outfit called
            > >> Ignitech that produces ignitors (or ECUs) for about 130
            > >> Euros, plus other costs. Does anyone have any experience
            > >> with Ignitech and their products?
            > >
            > > I've never heard of them.
            > >
            > > If you do decide to go with them, though, please post your results. I'm sure
            > > many of us would be interested.

            > Thanks,
            > Denny

          • vwvvi
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 21, 2010
              Got my ignitor in the mail on Friday, 10 days from the Czech Republic to Vancouver Island. I'm impressed!! Kudos to Ignitech, may they live long and prosper.

              Bike was at the dealer so I took the new ignitor in. Plugged it in, pressed "start" and she fired right up!!! Runs like a champ. The unit is programmable, but I just used the standard "4 stroke" program that Ingitech loaded. Don't ask me what they mean by that. I put TOR pipes on it this spring and the bike goes like hell and sounds great. Late start to the riding season, but it's going to be good. I can tell.
              vern...

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 23, 2010
                That's great news, Vern! Thanks for the info on your experience with Ignitech.
              • jim mcgrath
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 24, 2010
                  THAT IS GREAT NEWZ, i WUZ LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET ONE OFF A SALVAGE FOR $150

                  To: triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com
                  From: no_reply@yahoogroups.com
                  Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 01:36:39 +0000
                  Subject: [T TBS R] Re: Ignitor Failed??

                  That's great news, Vern! Thanks for the info on your experience with Ignitech.