Clutches.

  • horton@adlib.ca
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 19, 2010
      Hi:

      I'm noticing the clutch seems to be locking up a quicker these days. Is
      there any easy way to find out how much it is worn?

      There are no obvious problems of excessive wear like slipping.

      John

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 19, 2010
        > I'm noticing the clutch seems to be locking up a quicker
        > these days. Is there any easy way to find out how much
        > it is worn?

        Because it's a wet clutch, not that I know of. However, one thing that came immediately to mind is "When's the last time you changed the hydraulic fluid?"
      • John Shaw
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 19, 2010
          The fluid is like 5 years olds.

          _____

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 19, 2010
            > The fluid is like 5 years olds.

            If you're like me and you wash your bike at the do-it-yourself car wash, it's very easy to get water in the system.
          • Wayne Baker
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 19, 2010
              Did you change brands of oil during your last oil Change? My clutch got a bit grabby after it sets for awhile (a couple of months) when I went to Amsoil  but it loosens up after a short run.

              .