Re: [T TBS R] Re: TBS coughing after start

  • Javier Del Moral
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 15, 2010
      Hi, I had this problem before December. Finally it has turned out to have two main causes (up to now) : first, I took the bike to my local dealer and found that the air box was cracked; secondly, coughing happens whenever the engine is cold (due to the weather ot to a long pause).

      BR
      Javier

      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 6, 2010
        SOLVED SAME ISSUE ON MINE>>>>>>

        I just posted on igniter problem, had same symptoms's as yours. Lucky for me I have (2) '98 models and can easter egg parts. Everyone told me it was NOT the igniter assembly. Swapped it out and problem was GONE.
        I would pull spark plug wires one at a time to identify cylinder, then swap coils to see if problem follows the coil. Coil is a lot cheaper if that is your problem.
        Just bought a used one off good salvage bike. Bike Bandit lists for $750, it would be cheaper from Rocket Motors in San Diego. That's where Bandit gets their parts. Check Craigs, that's where I found mine. Hope you got time to hunt one down, $750 is a bit much.

        HYPNOTOAD