tbs seat

  • sbraman@nycap.rr.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2010
      I had the exact same problem, the TBS I purchased was also a solo seat only set up.... looks great, is comfortable even on long runs.... but I needed that second seat.
      Tried posting here for seat..Ebay, some of the after market guys...and like you did not want the Mustang or Corbin options.
      Even tried scrap yards over the fall and winter.... even some of The British aftermarket guys...NO good. Not even a base to be had to re-cover.
      I just last week had to bite the bullet and ordered one from my local Triumph dealer. Not Cheap, but I know it will fit and has all the parts needed.

      Good luck on your search...but if you keep that expectation in the realm of I might need to buy a new one, it will be easier if or when you do.

      These bikes are cult bikes, and are getting more difficult to find in good shape, and those that do have them don't let parts go to easily. They are great bikes...no argument there, like a Bonneville on steroids. But they did not sell a lot at first and the aftermarket reflects that sadly, as even those that did make parts, have stopped.

      Again, not trying to shatter your hopes.. just trying to have the right expectation.
      As I also thought " hey no problem, just find the owners group, there will be some one out there that wants to get rid of parts."
      These are good guys and quick with answers, but they know when to hang on to stuff as well.

      You can get a seat from any local dealer or right from Bike Bandit.com as well. If an AMA member you can get a discount on your order too.

      Scott
    • Richard Fenner
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 6, 2010
        I have an immaculate bench seat for sale, the standard one from the TBS.

        They're $650 from my local dealer - make me an offer?

        Ridge.

        >I had the exact same problem, the TBS I purchased was also a solo seat only
        >set up.... looks great, is comfortable even on long runs.... but I needed
        >that second seat.
        > Tried posting here for seat..Ebay, some of the after market guys...and
        > like you did not want the Mustang or Corbin options.
        > Even tried scrap yards over the fall and winter.... even some of The
        > British aftermarket guys...NO good. Not even a base to be had to re-cover.
        > I just last week had to bite the bullet and ordered one from my local
        > Triumph dealer. Not Cheap, but I know it will fit and has all the parts
        > needed.
        >
        > Good luck on your search...but if you keep that expectation in the realm
        > of I might need to buy a new one, it will be easier if or when you do.
        >
        > These bikes are cult bikes, and are getting more difficult to find in good
        > shape, and those that do have them don't let parts go to easily. They are
        > great bikes...no argument there, like a Bonneville on steroids. But they
        > did not sell a lot at first and the aftermarket reflects that sadly, as
        > even those that did make parts, have stopped.
        >
        > Again, not trying to shatter your hopes.. just trying to have the right
        > expectation.
        > As I also thought " hey no problem, just find the owners group, there will
        > be some one out there that wants to get rid of parts."
        > These are good guys and quick with answers, but they know when to hang on
        > to stuff as well.
        >
        > You can get a seat from any local dealer or right from Bike Bandit.com as
        > well. If an AMA member you can get a discount on your order too.
        >
        > Scott

      • Witon Rohan
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 7, 2010
          Some one in the group is chasing a dual seat.I would swap my near perfect 84 TBS dual seat for a factory solo seat plus the plastic duck tail if you're interested.The only catch is I'm in Australia.Thanks RJ