Re: [T TBS R] '99 TBS For Sale

    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 27, 2009
      > I am keen to know: how is the sound of the D&D three
      > into three exhaust compared with the basic 3into2 system?

      About the same as a Harley with open pipes vs a Prius running on battery. Give or take a decibel...
    • Bill Small
      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 2, 2009
        Hi Peter,

        Still have your TBS? I am trying to get a friend to buy it. It would be kept better than new if he bought it.
        he is looking at one in California. Where are you? I am up in Maine. Thanks.

        Bill

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 2, 2009
          Hi Bill,

          Yep, still have it. I'm in Schenectady, NY. I'm a stickler for maintenance too. If your friend wants to talk about it my email address is petermholmes@... (hopefully you can still use these to actually send an email).

          Peter
        • Bill Small
          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 2, 2009
            Yeah, I know you are. I told him yours is as good as mine if not better. Thanks, I will let him know.

            Bill

            ________________________________
            Message 5 of 21 , Oct 2, 2009
              You will not find a better TBS of same year than Peter's.
              And very few will be equal.

              Thank You,
              Denny

              On Friday, October 02, 2009, at 11:43AM, "petermholmes" <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
              >Hi Bill,
              >
              >Yep, still have it. I'm in Schenectady, NY. I'm a stickler for maintenance too. If your friend wants to talk about it my email address is petermholmes@... (hopefully you can still use these to actually send an email).
              >
              >Peter

            • Nic
              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 3, 2009
                I have a y2k TBS, and if I didn't need to replace my roof and siding, I would've bought it and kept it until you were financially stable to by it back.
                You've given me many good ideas for my bike and some I've used.
                I hate to see you sell it.I also understand fully your situation.

                Guy
                '09 DL1000 V-Strom
                y2kTBS
                '78 GS750E

                Message 7 of 21 , Oct 4, 2009
                  Thanks for the thought, Guy. It is appreciated.
                  Message 8 of 21 , Oct 31, 2009
                    Decided not to put the bike on Ebay. It's now on consignment at M&S Cycle in Scotia, NY (http://www.srr-mandscycle.com/). That way if I get some positive cash flow before it sells I can just go grab it back.
                  • Nic
                    Message 9 of 21 , Nov 1, 2009
                      I hope your finances turn for the better quickly so you can keep it.
                      I had a 95% complete '76 Pontiac Catelina w a 400 ci engine that deliversd 21 mpg on highway at around 80mpg when I leaned out the 2 barrel carb idle speed a little. At 400 ci torque was no problem w accelerating to whatever speed I want.
                      It sat high with Caddie springs on hi perf 255/70x15 and 265x75x15 lt truck street tires, which had traction almost equal to the better passenger car tires of the time.
                      I really do miss that car, so I know how you feel.
                      Guy
                      (y'all know what i ride)

                      Message 10 of 21 , Nov 2, 2009
                        Hmmm. It seems as if you and I have similar tastes, Guy.

                        My current car is a '94 Roadmaster, LT1, 260hp, 330lb-ft, 0-60mph in 7.1 seconds.

                        As long as you keep it at 80mph on reasonably graded roads (doesn't matter how many people inside or how much luggage in the trunk), it'll get 28mpg all day long... :)