Re: [T TBS R] Re: Oil Seals Part No's.

  • Andrew Jenkins
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2009
      > petermholmes wrote:
      >
      > I just added a folder to the Files section of the group named
      > "Triumph Parts Manual". It's a copy of a manual forwarded
      > to me by a friend. It's obviously designed to run with a program
      > which I do *not* have and, as such, it's not what you'd call
      > easy to use, but once you've downloaded the mess you can
      > find what you're looking for by using your browser.
      >
      > If anybody wants to straighten the whole mess out, feel free
      > to contact me and I'll email you what I've got.

      Cheers Pete, Looking at your manual I've confirmed the two
      seals part numbers; the gasket is different but it ties up with
      the dealer so I've ordered all three bits today (collect tomorrow).

      As for your 'manual', you managed to get hold of the data files
      used with Triumphs parts system. They seem to be written in
      a combination of HTML and Javascript, pity you don't have
      the front end. I'm not having any problems using them but then
      I don't use Windows.

      Andy.
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2009
        > I'm not having any problems using them but then
        > I don't use Windows.

        I use Windows...under Fedora 10 in a VMware Server virtual machine and only when absolutely necessary. ;)
      • Andrew Jenkins
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 3, 2009
          Peter wrote;
          I use Windows...under Fedora 10 in a VMware Server
          virtual machine and only when absolutely necessary. ;)

          Ah yes, a man after my own heart..:-) Not only a T'Bird
          but Tux as well. Excellent taste.

          Andy.