Re: Oil Seals Part No's.

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2009
      > Before I contact the local Triumph dealers tomorrow
      > can anyone confirm if these are the correct part no's?
      >
      > T'Bird Sport 900 (1999);
      >
      > Clutch Push-Rod Oil Seal - 3600012-T0301
      > Gear Shift Oil Seal - 3600008-T0301
      > Sprocket Cover Gasket - T1260080
      >
      > Andy Jenkins.

      Hi Andy,

      I just added a folder to the Files section of the group named "Triumph Parts Manual". It's a copy of a manual forwarded to me by a friend. It's obviously designed to run with a program which I do *not* have and, as such, it's not what you'd call easy to use, but once you've downloaded the mess you can find what you're looking for by using your browser.

      If anybody wants to straighten the whole mess out, feel free to contact me and I'll email you what I've got.

      > Microsoft have broken Volkswagen's world record:
      > Volkswagen only made 22 million bugs!

      Yes but keep in mind...Volkswagen *fixed* their bugs. ;)
    • Andrew Jenkins
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1 8:50 AM
        > petermholmes wrote:
        >
        > I just added a folder to the Files section of the group named
        > "Triumph Parts Manual". It's a copy of a manual forwarded
        > to me by a friend. It's obviously designed to run with a program
        > which I do *not* have and, as such, it's not what you'd call
        > easy to use, but once you've downloaded the mess you can
        > find what you're looking for by using your browser.
        >
        > If anybody wants to straighten the whole mess out, feel free
        > to contact me and I'll email you what I've got.

        Cheers Pete, Looking at your manual I've confirmed the two
        seals part numbers; the gasket is different but it ties up with
        the dealer so I've ordered all three bits today (collect tomorrow).

        As for your 'manual', you managed to get hold of the data files
        used with Triumphs parts system. They seem to be written in
        a combination of HTML and Javascript, pity you don't have
        the front end. I'm not having any problems using them but then
        I don't use Windows.

        Andy.
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 3 8:05 AM
          > I'm not having any problems using them but then
          > I don't use Windows.

          I use Windows...under Fedora 10 in a VMware Server virtual machine and only when absolutely necessary. ;)
        • Andrew Jenkins
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 3 11:00 AM
            Peter wrote;
            I use Windows...under Fedora 10 in a VMware Server
            virtual machine and only when absolutely necessary. ;)

            Ah yes, a man after my own heart..:-) Not only a T'Bird
            but Tux as well. Excellent taste.

            Andy.