[T TBS R] Re: Off Road Mufflers for 98

    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 27, 2009
      > Hello Peter. Glad to hear your story!.

      Hi Javier. I honestly think that Bultaco made the best trail bikes on the planet. To make a Bul completely reliable all you had to do was Loctite the fasteners, rip off the Lucas zener diode, throw an automobile sealed beam in the front headlight shell and an 1157 in the back. At that point you were good to go for thousands of miles with an extremely light, absolutely magnificent handling motorcycle.

      > I like a lot the retro looks. That is mainly the reason for
      > buying the TBS, apart that I wanted something more from my
      > previous 250cc Venox. And now I am also very happy with my
      > selection.

      Currently, I plan on keeping at least one TBS until I stop riding. My only complaint other than that miserable airbox design is that the bike is much too top heavy at a dead stop. Other than that? GREAT BIKE!
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 27, 2009
        >To make a Bul completely reliable...

        Oops. That and throw out the wiring harness connector block under the tank. Took a soldering gun, some electrical tape, and about 10 minutes including removal and replacement of the tank.