centre stand fitting question

  • veloce499
    Message 1 of 5 , May 30, 2009
      Hello All

      I have a 98 TBS (stacked pipes)

      Ive just obtained most of the Triumph OEM centre stand kit for this bike, 2nd hand having been unable to get one new for any reasonable price. Im fairly sure its the right one for the bike and offering it up to the bike it looks good. However...

      Ive got all the fittings, inc a new old stock through bolt, but am missing the bracket thing with the little knob on it (sorry for my technical jargon) where the spring locates.

      I managed to find one of these but it turned out to be not quite wide enough (holes dont line up properly) - well I thought this a bit curious and started to wonder whether I'd fitted the whole thing incorrectly or simply whether there are slight differences between the plates (e.g. for later models, non-TBS models etc.) and I'd just got the wrong bracket.

      Anyway - can anyone help with a photo or photos of the underneath of their 'stacked pipe' TBS showing how the spring and bracket it attaches to are supposed to locate. It would be much appreciated of anyone could (before I go and make a new bracket !)

      Also - for those of you with centrestands - what side play do you have on the stand (when not in use) - again i want to make sure Ive got the right stand and not something that looks about right and just happens to fit, sort of, before I even think about using it.

      Thanks and Regards
      Andre
    • veloce499
      Message 2 of 5 , May 30, 2009
        OK the question about sideplay kind of gave it away didnt it....(!!)

        Checking with the stand on the bike and its pretty obvious now Ive got the wrong one. Its Triumph alright but not '98 TBS - its close but not close enough.

        A couple of photos of the 'real thing' would still be much appreciated.

        Thanks and Regards
        Andrew

        Message 3 of 5 , May 30, 2009
          I'll get a couple of photos for you tomorrow when I have some good daylight.
          My Garage is poorly lit and my camera does not get such good pics in there at
          night.

          Message 4 of 5 , May 31, 2009
            Andrew,

            Shoot me an email so I can email these photos to you.
            I got 10 photos 20 MB total size. I can't email them.
            But I can post them temporarily so you can download them.

            I just need an email address to send you a link.

            Cheers, Denny

            --On May 30, 2009 5:57:19 PM +0000 veloce499 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            > OK the question about sideplay kind of gave it away didnt it....(!!)
            >
            > Checking with the stand on the bike and its pretty obvious now Ive got the
            > wrong one. Its Triumph alright but not '98 TBS - its close but not close
            > enough.
            >
            > A couple of photos of the 'real thing' would still be much appreciated.
            >
            > Thanks and Regards
            > Andrew

          • veloce499
            Message 5 of 5 , May 31, 2009
              Done

              and many thanks for your trouble and the rapid response Denny. Ive been on here for a while and think this is probably one of the best bike forums....this kind of thing just helps confirm that.....brilliant stuff.

              Regards
              Andrew