180 rear tyre

  • readrep49
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2009
      I would like to fit a wider rim to my rear wheel so I can have a 180
      rear tyre, is this possible has anyone carried out this conversion?
    • Alec Gore
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2009
        Yes, see here:

        www.alecgore.com/thunderbird.html

        Hagon re-rimmed the wheel to a 5 inch wide 17 inch dia for me, using the
        original hub.

        Handling though is better with a 170/60 rear than a 180/55 IME.