Taillight suggestions?

  • Pete
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 24, 2009
      I'm looking to remove the rear fender and taillight and mount one high
      up under the solo seat of a '98 TBS. I've seen this mod in various
      pictures but does someone have an actual source for a taillight that
      fits well with the lines of the bike? I'm thinking of a cat eye shape
      - LED or not. I can make my own mounting bracket for the light and
      license plate. I've seen something that may work with integrated turn
      signals in the J&P catalog ($120) but if someone has done this already
      with good success I'd be interested in knowing about it. Thanks.

      Pete
    • mick.leigh50
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2009
        --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "Pete" <Trophy900rider@...> wrote:

        > I'm looking to remove the rear fender and taillight and mount one high
        > up under the solo seat of a '98 TBS. I've seen this mod in various
        > pictures but does someone have an actual source for a taillight that
        > fits well with the lines of the bike? I'm thinking of a cat eye shape
        > - LED or not. I can make my own mounting bracket for the light and
        > license plate. I've seen something that may work with integrated turn
        > signals in the J&P catalog ($120) but if someone has done this already
        > with good success I'd be interested in knowing about it. Thanks.
        >
        > Pete

        Hi Pete i was about to post the same question and as you did not get a reply i dont think i will bother. I am looking to do the same,however i was thinking of the the Thruxton light set up as it keeps the natural look of the Tbrd.I will be interested if you did the fender conversion,how and parts you sourced.
        Mick
      • Guy
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 7, 2009
          Greetings

          I have an idea of cutting the fender down and adding 5 of those round single bulb chopper taillights and/or the teardrop lights truckers have -3 red-2 yellow--or something like that, I'm still designing the look I want.

          Guy-y2KTBS-78' GS750E