Re: [T TBS R] Re: Bleeding Front Brakes

  • Andrew Jenkins
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2009
      > kc10a_chief wrote:
      >
      > Andy,
      > A couple thoughts; turn the bars to the left to ensure the banjo bolt
      > is not the highest point and the air bubbles are are indeed getting to
      > the reservoir. Also, try gently prying the brake pads (and pistons)
      > back into the calipers then pumping up the lever...repeat as needed.
      > This works for me on most of the bikes I service.
      >
      > Steve C.

      I'll try that, when the temperature gets above zero (bearing in mind
      I'm outside not in a garage) and I'll let you know how I get on.

      Andy.
    • Bill Small
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2009
        --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Jenkins
        <adjenkins@...> wrote:

        > > kc10a_chief wrote:
        > >
        > > Andy,
        > > A couple thoughts; turn the bars to the left to ensure the banjo bolt
        > > is not the highest point and the air bubbles are are indeed
        getting to
        > > the reservoir. Also, try gently prying the brake pads (and pistons)
        > > back into the calipers then pumping up the lever...repeat as needed.
        > > This works for me on most of the bikes I service.
        > >
        > > Steve C.
        >

        > I'll try that, when the temperature gets above zero (bearing in mind
        > I'm outside not in a garage) and I'll let you know how I get on.
        >
        > Andy.

        Look at Chris Griffin's response to the brake bleeding on 08/10,and
        11/2008. It might help.
      • Andrew Jenkins
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2009
          > Bill Small wrote:
          >
          > Look at Chris Griffin's response to the brake bleeding on 08/10,and
          > 11/2008. It might help.

          I've been trying similar by tipping the bike to either side. It's another
          method I'll give a go probably this weekend.

          Andy.