Re: lower handlebars

  • kc10a_chief
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 29, 2008
      Bill,
      I installed the Speed Triple fat bar risers and Pro Taper Woods High
      bars (powder coated black) on mine. No pictures available at this time,
      sorry.

      Steve C.

      --- In
      triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "atlantajaguarfan"
      <atlantajaguarfan@...> wrote:

      > Hey everyone, I am looking to lower the handlebars/get a more
      aggressive riding position on
      > my TBS. Does anyone have any pics of the Norman Hyde M bars on their
      TBS? Or some other
      > suggestions? Thanks, Bill

    • Mario Zarnich
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 30, 2008
        Bill,

        A good friend of  mine has some spiffy clubman type bars on his TBird - I reckon they are nicely agressive but still comfy.

        The best pics of his bike I have are on here, click on the customers bikes page, it's "Christians TBird": www.geocities.com/Speed3Freaks

        I can find out what they are if you like them.

        Mario

        > Hey everyone, I am looking to lower the handlebars/get a more aggressive riding position
        > on my TBS. Does anyone have any pics of the Norman Hyde M bars on their TBS? Or
        > some other suggestions? Thanks, Bill

        Mario

        Performance Motorcycle Services: www.geocities.com/Speed3Freaks
        Speed Freak's Custom Bikes: www.geocities.com/Sp33d3
        Atlanta's European Bike Night: www.geocities.com/EuroBikeNight
        Atlanta GA's RAT Pack: www.Ratlantans.com

      • atlantajaguarfan
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 30, 2008
          Thanks Steve.

          I am considering the M bars but they look an awful lot like the stock. Are they lower? Wish
          i could see a picture of them. Anyway thanks again, Steve.

          bill

          --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, kc10a_chief <no_reply@...>
          wrote:

          > Bill,
          > I installed the Speed Triple fat bar risers and Pro Taper Woods High
          > bars (powder coated black) on mine. No pictures available at this time,
          > sorry.
          >
          > Steve C.
          >
          > --- In
          > triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "atlantajaguarfan"
          > <atlantajaguarfan@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hey everyone, I am looking to lower the handlebars/get a more
          > aggressive riding position on
          > > my TBS. Does anyone have any pics of the Norman Hyde M bars on their
          > TBS? Or some other
          > > suggestions? Thanks, Bill

        • Niles Reichardt
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 30, 2008
            The other possibility is to just replace the dog-bones (risers) with
            ones from a T-bird, Legend, or Adventurer.
            Since the TBS bars a pretty flat, the made the risers a lot taller
            than for the other Classics. Might be an easier swap
            if you can find a set.

            On Dec 30, 2008, at 9:25 AM, atlantajaguarfan wrote:

            > Thanks Steve.
            >
            > I am considering the M bars but they look an awful lot like the
            > stock. Are they lower? Wish
            > i could see a picture of them. Anyway thanks again, Steve.
            >
            > bill
            >
            > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, kc10a_chief
            > <no_reply@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Bill,
            > > I installed the Speed Triple fat bar risers and Pro Taper Woods High
            > > bars (powder coated black) on mine. No pictures available at this
            > time,
            > > sorry.
            > >
            > > Steve C.
            > >
            > > --- In
            > > triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "atlantajaguarfan"
            > > <atlantajaguarfan@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hey everyone, I am looking to lower the handlebars/get a more
            > > aggressive riding position on
            > > > my TBS. Does anyone have any pics of the Norman Hyde M bars on
            > their
            > > TBS? Or some other
            > > > suggestions? Thanks, Bill

            Niles Reichardt, DVM
            Laboratory Information Systems Manager
            Washington Animal Disease Diagnostic Lab
            (509) 335-2409
            nlr@...

          • atlantajaguarfan
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 30, 2008
              Hey that is a great suggestion. I wonder if I'd have any tank clearance issues? I like that
              idea though. Thanks very much. I'm going to look into it.

              --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, Niles Reichardt <nlr@...> wrote:

              > The other possibility is to just replace the dog-bones (risers) with
              > ones from a T-bird, Legend, or Adventurer.
              > Since the TBS bars a pretty flat, the made the risers a lot taller
              > than for the other Classics. Might be an easier swap
              > if you can find a set.
              >

              > On Dec 30, 2008, at 9:25 AM, atlantajaguarfan wrote:
              >
              > > Thanks Steve.
              > >
              > > I am considering the M bars but they look an awful lot like the
              > > stock. Are they lower? Wish
              > > i could see a picture of them. Anyway thanks again, Steve.
              > >
              > > bill
              > >
              > > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, kc10a_chief
              > > <no_reply@>
              > > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Bill,
              > > > I installed the Speed Triple fat bar risers and Pro Taper Woods High
              > > > bars (powder coated black) on mine. No pictures available at this
              > > time,
              > > > sorry.
              > > >
              > > > Steve C.
              > > >
              > > > --- In
              > > > triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "atlantajaguarfan"

              > > > aggressive riding position on
              > > their
              > > > TBS? Or some other
              > > > >

              > Niles Reichardt, DVM
              > Laboratory Information Systems Manager
              > Washington Animal Disease Diagnostic Lab
              > (509) 335-2409
              > nlr@...

            • atlantajaguarfan
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 30, 2008
                Hey Mario, I'm going to check them out now. Thanks. Bill

                --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, Mario Zarnich <sp33d3@...>
                wrote:

                > Bill,
                >
                > A good friend of  mine has some spiffy clubman type bars on his TBird - I reckon they
                are nicely agressive but still comfy.

                > The best pics of his bike I have are on here, click on the customers bikes page, it's
                "Christians TBird": www.geocities.com/Speed3Freaks

                > I can find out what they are if you like them.
                >
                > Mario
                >

                > > Hey everyone, I am looking to lower the handlebars/get a more aggressive riding
                position
                > > on my TBS. Does anyone have any pics of the Norman Hyde M bars on their TBS? Or
                > > some other suggestions? Thanks, Bill
                >

                > Mario
                >

                > Performance Motorcycle Services: www.geocities.com/Speed3Freaks
                > Speed Freak's Custom Bikes: www.geocities.com/Sp33d3
                > Atlanta's European Bike Night: www.geocities.com/EuroBikeNight
                > Atlanta GA's RAT Pack: www.Ratlantans.com

              • Gary L. Gavin
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 30, 2008
                  I initially got the Adventurer HB risers to lower my stock bars AND have the
                  cool Triumph Logo on the top clamp. Unfortanately the switch gear hits the
                  tank when you do that. I added some stainless washers under the risers for
                  clearance but didn't like the way it looked. With Speed Triple bars the
                  switch gear just clears the tank. Speed Triple bars are wider than TBS
                  stock. As I remember it there are at least 2 variations of Speed Triple
                  bars.

                  I don't remember anyone pointing out that Bonneville/Thruxton handlebars are
                  1" while the T3 Classic models use 7/8" bars.

                  00 Tiger
                  07 Mini Cooper S
                  85 Ron Cooper (push bike)
                  Oahu, Hawaii

                  _____

                  The other possibility is to just replace the dog-bones (risers) with
                  ones from a T-bird, Legend, or Adventurer.
                  Since the TBS bars a pretty flat, the made the risers a lot taller
                  than for the other Classics. Might be an easier swap
                  if you can find a set.

                  On Dec 30, 2008, at 9:25 AM, atlantajaguarfan wrote:

                  > Thanks Steve.
                  >
                  > I am considering the M bars but they look an awful lot like the
                  > stock. Are they lower? Wish
                  > i could see a picture of them. Anyway thanks again, Steve.
                  >
                  > bill
                  >
                  > --- In triumphthunderbirds
                  <mailto:triumphthunderbirdsportriders%40yahoogroups.com>
                  portriders@yahoogroups.com, kc10a_chief
                  > <no_reply@...>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Bill,
                  > > I installed the Speed Triple fat bar risers and Pro Taper Woods High
                  > > bars (powder coated black) on mine. No pictures available at this
                  > time,
                  > > sorry.
                  > >
                  > > Steve C.
                  > >
                  > > --- In
                  > > triumphthunderbirds
                  <mailto:triumphthunderbirdsportriders%40yahoogroups.com>
                  portriders@yahoogroups.com, "atlantajaguarfan"
                  > > <atlantajaguarfan@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Hey everyone, I am looking to lower the handlebars/get a more
                  > > aggressive riding position on
                  > > > my TBS. Does anyone have any pics of the Norman Hyde M bars on
                  > their
                  > > TBS? Or some other
                  > > > suggestions? Thanks, Bill

                  Niles Reichardt, DVM
                  Laboratory Information Systems Manager
                  Washington Animal Disease Diagnostic Lab
                  (509) 335-2409
                  nlr@.... <mailto:nlr%40vetmed.wsu.edu> edu

                • Bill Bill
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 30, 2008
                    Interesting ... so maybe the risers solution would present more problems hmmm

                    i know that bella corse sells the ace clubman bars - and you can get them in 7/8 bars - though they are not in stock at the moment

                    not sure if i like them or not

                    here's a pic of them

                    http://www.bellacorse.com/bcc039.htm

                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 30, 2008
                      Bill,
                      They are lower and the switches clear the tank. Once I get everything
                      bolted back together, I'll post a pic.

                      The clubman bars are another good choice as they are straighter than
                      the M barsand less likely to have clearance issues.
                      Steve C.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jan 11, 2009
                        Hey Steve, I have decided to keep the handlebars I have. I just want
                        to lower them. Will the speed triple risers do that for me?

                        Reichardt <nlr@> wrote:

                        > > The other possibility is to just replace the dog-bones (risers) with
                        > > ones from a T-bird, Legend, or Adventurer.
                        > > Since the TBS bars a pretty flat, the made the risers a lot taller
                        > > than for the other Classics. Might be an easier swap
                        > > if you can find a set.
                        > >

                        > > On Dec 30, 2008, at 9:25 AM, atlantajaguarfan wrote:
                        > >
                        > > > Thanks Steve.
                        > > >
                        > > > I am considering the M bars but they look an awful lot like the
                        > > > stock. Are they lower? Wish
                        > > > i could see a picture of them. Anyway thanks again, Steve.
                        > > >
                        > > > bill
                        > > >
                        > > > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, kc10a_chief
                        > > > <no_reply@>

                        Woods High
                        > > > time,

                        > > > their
                        > > > > >

                        > > Niles Reichardt, DVM
                        > > Laboratory Information Systems Manager
                        > > Washington Animal Disease Diagnostic Lab
                        > > (509) 335-2409
                        > > nlr@

                      • Guy
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 22, 2009
                          I ave a set of drag bars I can't use because of the the gas tank,so
                          there will be gas tank clearance issues with those lower risers.
                          I thought I'd let you know.
                          Guy

                          <atlantajaguarfan@...> wrote:

                          > Hey Steve, I have decided to keep the handlebars I have. I just want
                          > to lower them. Will the speed triple risers do that for me?
                          >
                          > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com,
                          > "atlantajaguarfan" <atlantajaguarfan@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Hey that is a great suggestion. I wonder if I'd have any tank
                          > clearance issues? I like that
                          > > idea though. Thanks very much. I'm going to look into it.
                          > >
                          > > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, Niles
                          > Reichardt <nlr@> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > The other possibility is to just replace the dog-bones (risers)
                          with
                          > > > ones from a T-bird, Legend, or Adventurer.
                          > > > Since the TBS bars a pretty flat, the made the risers a lot
                          taller
                          > > > than for the other Classics. Might be an easier swap
                          > > > if you can find a set.

                          > Woods High
                          > this

                          triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "atlantajaguarfan"

                          > > > Niles Reichardt, DVM
                          > > > Laboratory Information Systems Manager
                          > > > Washington Animal Disease Diagnostic Lab
                          > > > (509) 335-2409
                          > > > nlr@

                        • dleinheardt
                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 25, 2009
                            Steve-

                            Are you using bar-end mirrors with your M Bars? If so, which ones? And not sure if I missed it, but can you post a few photos of your M Bars on the TBS? You didn't need to make any mods to use them, correct?

                            Thx..

                            DL