[T TBS R] Re: TBS will not start

  • bitoart@pacbell.net
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 5, 2008
      I side with sazerac99us - It sure sounds moisture related. Small cracks
      in the plug wire and boot aren't always so visable. Swap them out and
      see if the problem clears.
    • jim Bousman
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 6, 2008
        Whenever you think the wires might be bad, shoot some WD40 on them. It temporally displaces any moisture and plugs should fire. This is only a temp fix (unless your driving a '60's Beetle with a 40 horse motor and a 6 volt system. Then it's a daily necessity.)

        JimBO

        I side with sazerac99us - It sure sounds moisture related. Small cracks
        in the plug wire and boot aren't always so visable. Swap them out and
        see if the problem clears.

      • Wayne Baker
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 6, 2008
          Well Sir,
          Maybe you should ride something else like one of those Chinese imports.

          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 6, 2008
            Can't hurt to mention the obvious. Did you make sure the kill switch
            was in the on position? How about this....hop on the bike..put the
            kick stand up and try it then with the clutch in. Electrical issues
            can be such a pain!

            --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, jim Bousman