Re: In search of a part

  • guz_us
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 9, 2008
      check this web site, you might be able to use just the adaptors. How
      did your brake that part leaving a garage?

      http://www.tejasthumpcycles.com/Parts/Pegs/Triumph-Motorcycle-
      Footpegs.htm
    • Michael McLaughlin
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 9, 2008
        I was rolling the bike out and the angle of the driveway where it met
        the alley caught me off guard; the bike went down on the right side.
        Fortunately, the peg was the only damage.

        -Mike

        > Posted by: "guz_us" guz_us@... guz_us
        > Tue Sep 9, 2008 2:19 am (PDT)
        >
        > check this web site, you might be able to use just the adaptors. How
        > did your brake that part leaving a garage?
        >
        > http://www.tejasthumpcycles.com/Parts/Pegs/Triumph-Motorcycle-
        > Footpegs.htm

      • vwvvi
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 12, 2008
          Try BikeBandit. They have these handy schematics showing all parts. . .

          http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/triumph-motorcycle-thunderbird-sport-1999/o/m17565

          vern . . .

          --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, Michael
          McLaughlin <mcloffs@...> wrote:

          > After an unfortunate incident pulling my bike out of an unfamiliar
          garage, I'm in need of a right-side rider's footrest/footpeg/whatever
          you want to call it -- the part that attaches to the bike broke.
          Before I trudge down to my dealer to buy one at dealer prices, are
          there any other places I should be looking for a less-expensive
          replacement? I checked eBay, but don't know where else to check.

          > Thanks,
          > Mike
          > '99 TBS

        • Andrew Jenkins
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 12, 2008
            > McLaughlin wrote:

            > After an unfortunate incident pulling my bike out of an unfamiliar
            >garage, I'm in need of a right-side rider's footrest/footpeg/whatever
            >you want to call it -- the part that attaches to the bike broke.
            >Before I trudge down to my dealer to buy one at dealer prices, are
            >there any other places I should be looking for a less-expensive
            >replacement? I checked eBay, but don't know where else to check.

            > Thanks,
            > Mike
            > '99 TBS

            Two places that should be able to help: